MA'AN Development Center is an independent Palestinian development and training institution established in January, 1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the other branch offices are located in Gaza, and Jenin. MA'AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
MA'AN is working on implementing a project titled "Women bridge to E-work", the project lies under the Short-Term Courses component (STC) in More Job Opportunities Programme (MJO) funded by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). The overall objective of this program is to utilize the digital sector in providing self-employment opportunities for unemployed female graduates by improving their digital skill.
MA'AN is seeking a competent and highly qualified project officer who will be responsible of the delivery of project capacity building activities - in an effort to left up female graduates technical and freelancing capacity to increase their job opportunity in the freelancing and e-work platforms. The officer will work under the direct supervision of Innovation Center Manager.
Position Title: E-work Project Officer
Location: Gaza Strip
Report to: Innovation Center Manager.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Innovation Center Manager on identifying digital and E-work skills learning topics, methodologies and resources based on market and competencies required in the digital market;
- Develop the e-work project related plans (Action Plan, Timeline, Procurement Plan, etc...)
- Follow up the activities implementation according to an approved timeline, plans and budget, and to monitor activities’ delivery in terms of quality, time and budget.
- Support to recruit trainers and coaches including (developing job description, SOW, ToR advertising, applications processing, exams, interviews, contracting) and process documentation;
- Managing roster of trainers, coaches, mentors and trainees’ contracts and work load to ensure their adherence with the agreed terms and conditions, contractual requirements and timelines and quality of deliverables;
- Provide support in reviewing the designed curriculum for technical trainings and ensure it’s matching with beneficiaries’ skill level and market demand;
- Facilitate effective communication with the project stakeholders.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Write regular progress reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Support the M&E teams in implementing the project M&E plans.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum three years of employment in the field of projects management, preferably in the ICT sector.
- At least university degree in business information system, computer science, software engineering or any other relevant fields.
- At least three years of solid experience in Internet-based Freelancing/E-work including training, technical skills building, and coaching. Experience working within the NGO sector and proven records in effectively coordinating programs of different projects with excellent facilitation skills, project management, monitoring, supervision and provision of technical assistance.
- Good Knowledge and experience in the digital sector
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity and strong identification with MA'AN Core Value
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application as per the following:
- Download employment application from the following link: MAAN Employment Application
- Fill in the employment application and save the document with the name of applicant and the position.
- Fill in the required information in the following link: forms.gle/UB7sQLGjRmrmwYkUA
- Attach employment application in within the previous link.
- Applications will not be considered if employment application is not attached in the previous link.
- Applications will only be accepted until Saturday 23 January 2021 at 4:00 pm.