Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: Green and Yellow Plate Drivers Pool for Future Vacancies
Place of Work: Hebron
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensure the security about staff and vehicle while be in the field.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use navigation tools, specially the smartphone apps and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads
- Essential 5 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, trucks, motorbikes, etc.)
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
English and local language essential
- Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics
- Good knowledge of Hebron Provice roads
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
All applicants should send a CV and cover letter by email to [email protected] (please indicate ¨On the subject box: vacancy DRIVER)
Closing date: 31 DECEMBER 2020
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND ADDED TO OUR DRIVERS POOL TO SELECT FROM FOR THE FUTURE VACANCIES THAT COULD BE AVAILABLE IN THE COMING MONTHS.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.