Médicos del Mundo
Location: Jericho, West Bank
Manage the movements and the provision of reliable and secure driving services. Assist in all procurement & logistic aspects of MDM Spain activities and offices in oPT.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Jericho, travelling frequently within project areas.
The Driver/Log Officer reports directly to Admin & Finance Manager, and indirectly to the Field Coordinator and the Country Coordinator
Procurement, Supply, Stock and Visibility:
· Analyze the local market and keep an updated database of local suppliers according to the needs and eligibility criteria of MdM-S (quality, price, service, and ethics).
· Prepare price list of the common supplies used regularly and update it every 6 months.
· Assist the FM and Admin & Finance Manager to plan purchase according to the Jericho base needs. Obtain quotations, prepare purchase orders, and negotiate price lists and contracts with suppliers according to MdM-S procedures.
· Assist the Admin & Finance Manager to make sure all payments are done timely without any delay. Pay the suppliers making sure all needed justifications are provided in accordance with the financial procedures of MdM-S. Obtain VAT exemptions to procurement in accordance with MdM-S procedures.
· Assist FM and Admin & Finance Manager in filling the annual procurement plan and update it on a monthly base if needed.
· Update inventory regularly and send it to the Admin & Finance Manager and the Field Manager.
· Monitor stocks, ensure reception and proper storage, consumption/distribution and follow up on the expiry of any perishable item in stock (including rotating the food and refilling consumables in the emergency boxes kept in the office/guesthouse).
· Make sure that all safety equipment is available and functioning in all MdM-S premises such as fire extinguishers or satellite phones.
· Ensure the proper use of visibility materials at the MdM-S base of Jericho & Jerusalem and its vehicles.
· Assist in sending documentation via post office and/or carrier services when needed to HQ.
· Perform all needed filling, scanning and archiving in accordance to MdM-S Procedures.
Equipment and premises:
· Oversee the maintenance of MdM-S equipment and properties (office, guesthouse, vehicles, computers, printers, communication tools, etc).
· Train MdM-S personnel on the use of equipment entrusted to them and the equipment available in the office (printers, copier machine etc).
· Ensure all MdM-S property has an identification sticker according with MdM-S procedures.
· Contact suppliers for the maintenance of MdM-S equipment when needed, such as IT.
· Ensure a proper data backup is done regularly for all MdM-S computers.
· Provide equipment (mobile phones) for the communication among MdM-S staff and other visitors and ensure they all have access to MdM-S premises in Jericho & Jerusalem.
· File and conserve documents of the logistic department (guidelines, purchase files, donation certificates, contracts with suppliers, manuals of instructions of MdM-S equipment, reports…).
· Monitor the respect of the rules related to the use of vehicles.
· Monitor vehicle maintenance and follow-up.
· Support the scheduling of the movements of the team to streamline the use of vehicles.
· Assist in transportation arrangements through Taxis Companies when needed and reconcile the movements with the company at the end of each month.
· Communicate with other MdM-S bases and organize back to back movements when needed.
· Monitor the expiration date of the vehicles rental contracts and report to Admin & finance Manager.
· Follow up consumption of all vehicles and report it on a monthly Admin & finance Manager.
· Follow up the fuel payment to the Gas station monthly at the end of each month along with Admin & finance Manager.
· Make sure that all MdM-S vehicles are equipped with functional needed safety equipment such as first aid kits, fire extinguishers and other equipment.
· Assist in organizing the logistic components of the program activities and events such as training sessions, workshops and field visits.
· Keep track of movements of the staff through update movement board on weekly bases and ensuring the suitable flexibilities to facilitate the movements.
· In collaboration with the Admin & finance Manager, ensure proper reception and storage of any medical and non-medical supplies eventually purchased and obtain proper consumption follow up.
· Communicate with MdM-S partners on the logistics related to the implemented projects in order to analyze the logistics needs and demands.
· Update the map of target communities on a monthly basis and send it to the Field Manager.
· Provide the information (security conditions, security access, purchasing procedures, maps…) and support the team during the identification and formulation of project proposals.
· Propose improvements of the logistics procedures when relevant.
· Ensure a proper use of vehicle and respect of the traffic law & MdM-S Policies.
· Transport safely MdM-S staff to field locations, meetings or other activities that the FM and/or Admin & Finance Manager and/or General Coordinator authorize, throughout the West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza Strip & Airport.
· Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repair, changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc…
· Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs books, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
· Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
· Check the situation of the roads before any staff movement.
· Contribute to the mission security context and analysis report.
· Keep informed and send to MdM-S team on any incident or security alert.
The driver - logistician Officer will report to the Field Manager and Admin & Finance Manager. The report shall be send no later than the 10th of each month and shall include:
· Monthly procurement supply plan.
· Update supplier list.
· Monthly Vehicles fleet and consumption.
· Monthly equipment list.
· Update list of all taxis used during the months indicating the reason and the user names.
· List of all ongoing contracts with the duration and alert on expiry one month before the date.
· Monthly consumption of programs materials, supplies and consumables stock.
· Translate verbally from Arabic to English and English to Arabic when necessary.
· Search information in terms of logistics and environmental conditions when requested by the Field Manager or Admin & finance Manager or the General Coordinator.
· Attend meetings with projects partners upon the request of the Field Manager or Admin & finance Manager or General Coordinator.
· To attend team meetings and to give qualitative input.
· To maintain good professional relationships with national and international partners.
· To contribute to the update of emergency plans with the MdM-S team.
· Perform other additional duties on request of the Field Manager/General Coordinator/ Admin & finance Manager.
· To respect MdM-S ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
· To contribute to the achievement of the MdM-S policy in terms of equity and gender equality and protection of the human rights.
· Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
· To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
· To avoid any kind of violent behaviors and aggressiveness at the workplace, it doesn´t matter if it is referred to a colleague or an object.
· To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
· Show a positive attitude and motivation at work.
· Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
· Ability to accept feedback and willingness to improve own capacities.
· Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
· Respect and contribute to the achievement of MdM-S schedules.
· To contribute to the cleanness and tidiness of the workplace.
· To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct or this behavior regulation to the Field Coordinator or the General Coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
· Academic: Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent. A post-secondary certificate in the related functions area is desirable.
Language requirements: Fluent English and Arabic (written and spoken).
Computer requirements: Office Package.
· Minimum of 2 to 3 years of progressively experience in logistic or supply related functions.
· Experience working with NGOs is highly desirable.
· Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
· Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
· Strong problem solving and organizational skills in day to day and crisis situations
· Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing a diverse team
· Team spirit and networking skills
· Cultural awareness and adaptability
· Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
· Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
· Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts
المسمى الوظيفي Driver/Log Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 08 - Apr - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الراتب MDM’s Salary charts
الدرجة العلمية الثانوية العامة
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Applicants should send their CV, two references, and cover letter to:
DRIVER/LOG OFFICER WEST BANK
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة MDM Spain منظمة أطباء العالم - إسبانيا
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GBV Officer
Procurement and Logistic Officer
Infection Prevention Control Officer
Infection Prevention Control Officer
Sexual and Reproductive Health and GBV Officer