Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than 2.3 million children each year using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com.
The Driver and Logistics Assistant reports directly to the Finance Manager (FM), Country Director (CD), Logistics Officer or Logistics Assistant as applicable. The incumbent provides safe transport services of passengers as required ensuring that safety regulations are adhered to by passengers at all times. In addition, he/she provides logistical support for Right To Play’s office.
Job Responsibility #1: Driving services and vehicles maintenance (75% of Time):
- Transports local RTP staff and RTP visitors in relation to their work duties.
- Transports RTP visitors to/from the place of arrival/departure.
- Maintains the vehicles and informs the line manger at least two days in advance of when a vehicle will be temporarily unavailable for regular servicing. In the case of emergency servicing, informs the Line manager as soon as possible.
- Follows the RTP procedures and donor/RTP regulations relating to cars and regularly fills in the Logbook.
- Ensures that the vehicle has sufficient fuel at all times.
- Ensures all maintenance and donor logistics and procedures are fulfilled.
- Ensures that timely periodic vehicles/generators maintenance is conducted according to specified kilometer coverage and running time.
- Monitors the issuing and use of fuel by maintaining an accurate, clear and transparent record of fuel consumption.
- Takes timely action to renew driving license. Immediately informs the line manager if driving license is no longer valid or about any other incident that may affect the driver’s ability to perform his/her duties/tasks.
- Ensures that necessary tools for changing inflated wheels, a spare wheel, first aid kit and emergency kit are present at all times in the vehicle.
- Keeps the vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
Job Responsibility #2: Logistical Support (20% of Time):
- Assists with purchasing office supplies, stationery and equipment and arranges for repair of office equipment to ensure that the office is in good order within the petty cash limits and according to RTP Policies/Procedures.
- Coordinates with suppliers for the procurement of office supplies and equipment.
Job Responsibility #3 Perform Other Duties (5% of Time)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- High school or vocational school diploma
- A valid driving license
2 years’ experience driving in the country in a similar position.
- A solid team player with ability to work autonomously
- Able to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization
- Adaptable and patient
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Understands and performs safe driving techniques
- Skilled in minor car repair
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Familiarity with traffic laws and regulations
- Understands highway code and road rules of the country
- Understanding of safety and security elements
- Knowledge of First Aid
- Ability to follow up on weather conditions
- Ability to use the computer with basic MS
Fluency in local language. Basic reading, writing and speaking in English.
- First Aid training
- Previous experience working in an international organization
- Drivers school training
- Advanced auto repair skills
- Advanced knowledge of security procedures in the country
Employment Start Date: March 2020
Contract Duration: Undetermined
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
[email protected] and kindly include “Position Name” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com