West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
The West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity (The ACA), funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities, is seeking to hire a Driver. The ACA aims to increase citizens’ participation in civic life and support their efforts to advocate for positive changes, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The ACA will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in civic life, decision-making, and advocacy for citizens’ rights and demands.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Safely drive the assigned project car throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem
- Maintenance and repair of office vehicles on a regular basis
- Run official tasks and assist with other office functions as needed.
- Safely drives office cars and transports office personnel.
- Responsible for tracking project vehicle documentation and maintaining a daily vehicle logbook.,
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is operable and safe to operate.
- Maintain a clean assigned vehicle.
- Maintain car maintenance sheets and follow up with the vehicle rental firm to follow up on and coordinate car maintenance schedule, insurance schedule, and maintenance needs.
- Other support duties as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- High School Degree
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of 3+ years or more related experience
- A good driving record and an understanding of auto mechanics are required.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations in both WB and Jerusalem is required.
- Good command of Arabic and basic knowledge of and ability to read and write English is required; good command of spoken Hebrew is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the West Bank and Jerusalem (holder of Jerusalem ID)
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than Thursday, November 02, 2023, indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Global Communities holds strict safeguarding principles and has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment, Global Communities will conduct robust reference and background screening checks, including international vetting as a signature of the Global Misconduct Disclosure Scheme to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded, and abuse is prevented. The incumbent is required to carry out their duties in accordance with Global Communities Safeguarding policy and the Standards of Conduct