Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Driver is responsible for logistics and transportation of program personnel supporting the Forsah (USAID-funded Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) activities in West Bank and Gaza. Candidate must be able to drive in the West Bank and Jerusalem.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Daily Tasks
- Drive assigned project vehicle within various regions of the West Bank and Jerusalem and safely transport staff, counterparts and equipment if needed to desired locations in a timely, safe, and courteous manner.
- Check assigned vehicle to ensure that it is operational and safe to drive.
- Clean assigned vehicle daily both inside and out.
- Track information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness.
- Apply positive youth development (PYD) approaches and Do No (More) Harm approaches and address Gender and Disability Inclusion considerations and Environmental considerations in their work.
- Contribute to ensuring the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives.
- Maintain car maintenance sheets and follow up and coordinate car maintenance schedule, insurance schedule and maintenance need with the vehicle rental company.
- Support the establishment, cultivation, and maintaining of relationships with the ecosystem of program stakeholders, including public sector entities, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and local governments, donors and implementers, program beneficiaries, and others.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationship with colleagues, consortium partners, and network of program stakeholders.
- Cultivate durable partnerships, facilitate locally led designs, use evidence-based decision-making, and ensure sustainability of approaches in their work.
- Build relationships and provide reliable, responsive support, as assigned, between team members and program stakeholders.
- Assist with funder reports, as requested.
- Assist with unit data collection, analysis, reporting to USAID and on-going Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) approaches in their work and in coordination with Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) colleagues.
- Assist with timely and accurate reporting and other deliverables to USAID.
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections.
- In coordination with the operations team, purchase office needs of cleaning, stationery, and kitchen supplies.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Finance and Operations Manager, follow up on logistical correspondence with the activity stakeholders, vendors, service providers, etc.
- Process and track payment requests.
- Contribute to proper budget management and financial spending for program components.
- All Forsah USAID-funded Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) staff will meet high standards of financial management and compliance, including contributing to accurate and timely vetting under Mission Order 21 (MO21).
- Support day-to-day success of program activities.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment, including with team members in multiple time zones across a variety of organizations.
- Respond to difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Contribute to activities that are gender sensitive/transformative, align with positive youth development, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches.
- Employ creativity to adapt to learning and challenges throughout implementation.
- Contribute to programmatic cross-cutting themes are applied and incorporated in all plans, activities, and reporting, including PYD, gender equality and social inclusion (GESI), and Green approaches.
- Monitor implementation challenges, develop creative solutions, and keep others informed.
- Monitor assigned activities for security challenges; work with colleagues and partners to address or adapt to security challenges.
- Ensure activities support sustainable approaches to improve capacity of individuals and institutions to drive stable, long-term improvements.
- Other support duties as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Your Background & Skills
- High School Degree
- Valid driver’s license is required; valid Israeli driver’s license is preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years or more related experience
- A good driving record and understanding of auto mechanics are required
- Knowledge of Palestinian and Israeli traffic laws and regulations is required
- Good knowledge of Jerusalem and West Bank road systems
- Understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Palestine
- Availability for overtime work and field travel is necessary
- Excellent command of Arabic and basic knowledge of and ability to read and write English is required; good command of spoken Hebrew is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read maps and use “waze” and “google maps” applications efficiently
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and assist colleagues
- Diligent attention to details and diligent attention to safety.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Proven communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the West Bank and Jerusalem.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.