Chemonics International seeks multiple drivers for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The driver will be responsible for driving and maintaining the project vehicle and any other administrative tasks that may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Specific roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- As assigned and/or preapproved by the driver’s supervisor, drive assigned project vehicles daily, including on scheduled field trips, project-related trips within post, and other driving assignments as required.
- Ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle both inside and out on a daily basis.
- Check assigned vehicle frequently to ensure that it is operational and safe to drive. At least on a weekly basis, check the oil, radiator, fan belt, brake fluid, wipers, tires, lights, and signals.
- Initiate and supervise any repairs required on assigned vehicles with supervisor's approval.
- Initiate and supervise routine periodic maintenance of assigned project vehicles, including oil and filter changes, tune-ups, and professional cleaning.
- Fulfill project reporting requirements and maintain records on vehicle routing, vehicle condition, etc.
- Ensure passenger safety by obeying traffic laws, driving carefully, and ensuring each person in the vehicle wears a seatbelt.
- Ensure all passengers adhere to the project’s vehicle use policy
- Conducts banking – including cash deposits/withdrawals, account inquiries and documentation requests
- Performs other administrative tasks assigned by supervisor to ensure efficient and smooth support to the project
Basic qualifications include:
- At least 3 years of driving experience
- Strong driving skills with a clean driving record
- Ability to drive in the West Bank and Israel
- Skills in defensive driving and security awareness highly preferred
- Experience with working with other public or private organizations preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and dependability
- Ability to carry out basic office tasks (photocopying, laminating, Filing, Report binding etc)
- Good geographic knowledge within the West Bank
To apply, please complete the form online through Apply Now-button below
by October 26, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.