Enabel is currently developing a new cooperation program for Palestine. This program will on the one hand build on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand will also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros.
The new portfolio is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026). Signing is planned for the end of 2021, so that implementation can start in early 2022. An indicative budget of 70 million euros is proposed for the 2022-26 program, which will partly continue to build on the current projects.
The new portfolio, which has the motto “Empowered youth in an environmentally sustainable Palestine”, will focus on 2 pillars: young people and their broad development and, on the other hand, the environment - in its broad sense. By doing so, the program wants to make maximum use of the future prospects of young people, in terms of broad training, education and employment - with a strong gender dimension and a focus on the most vulnerable. In addition to this, the new program wants to go for sustainability, environmentally friendly solutions, climate adaptation and mitigation.
We are looking for a driver who will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the new governmental program.
Tasks and responsibilities of the driver:
• You ensure transport of people or goods (mail, purchased goods, equipment…) in safely and efficiently manner, on time and to the assigned places in order to promote the image of Enabel and to reflect its values (respect of passengers and road users, respect of regulations, avoidance of uncivil behaviours…);
• You keep vehicles in good and well-maintained condition in order to minimize risks of breakdowns and to keep the vehicle in good and cleaned condition for passengers;
• You keep vehicle papers or documents in compliance with the law, internal procedures, etc. in order for the vehicle to be used under existing regulations and to avoid problems in the event of an accident, police check, etc;
• You deliver and pick up mail/correspondence and parcels in order to ensure speedy and effective transmission of information or goods;
• You assist with the execution of small works/jobs in order to help co-workers in executing their tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Note: a driver working for Enabel Ramallah Office must be holding a Jerusalem Identity.
Required qualifications and experience
• You hold a lower secondary education diploma.
• You hold a driving license for passenger cars and a medical certificate allowing you to transport persons.
• At least 2 years of experience as a driver.
Required skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of organisations in international development (context, challenges, application, partners, functioning…) is an asset;
• In-depth knowledge of Jerusalem and West Bank its main roads;
• Understanding of Gaza its main roads is an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
• Comfortable with inter-culturalism;
• You are eager to take initiatives and you are proactive;
• You are flexible and can work in a changing environment;
• You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic. English proficiency is required, considering the international environment in which you work. Knowledge of Hebrew is an asset.
You are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract of 58 months. You are based in Ramallah.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 1B), and benefits. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognized experience for the function.
• This function is not an expatriation function.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Apply online through Apply Now-button below.