Job Title: Driver
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duty Station: Ramallah with frequent travel to West Bank and Jerusalem
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 19 February 2021 (midnight New York, USA)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Transportation and the secondary supervision of the Project Manager of the Employment Generation Programme, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the UNDP/PAPP project team ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.UNDP/PAPP - is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Driver, under the guidance of the Operations and Services Manager, the direct supervision of the Head of Transportation and secondary reporting to the Project Manager. As this position is related to Employment Generation Programme in the occupied Palestinian territory with an expected duration of three years, the Service Contract extension will be conditioned to satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
The Driver provides driving services to the UNDP staff, Consultants, Experts and UN staff on mission while ensuring full compliance with all of UNDP, UNDSS, and Host Government rules and regulations.
The driver will be in charge of the undertaking the following functions:
• Provide reliable and secure driving services
• Proper use of the vehicle
• Day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle
• Maintain and ensure availability of all documents/supplies
• Provide general administrative and logical support as needed to operations and programme teams
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisors
1. Provide reliable and secure driving services
• Drive office vehicles for the official transport of UNDP staff, Consultants, Experts and UN staff on mission;
• Deliver and collect mail, documents, and other items to Government – Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/UN Offices;
• Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangements when required;
• Always verify that all passengers wear seatbelts in the vehicle;
• Oversee and ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents;
• Oversee and ensure that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS).
2. Proper use of the vehicle
• Ensure cost-saving by driving responsibly;
• Maintain daily vehicle logs, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil change, servicing, greasing, repairs and oversee that other drives do the same;
• Prepare and maintain data of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
3. Day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle
• Ensure that all official vehicles are kept clean and are always in good working condition;
• Make minor repairs and make arrangements for major repairs;
• Change oil, check tires, lights, horn, clutch, and brakes, and wash the car regularly;
• Ensure vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security.
4. Maintain and ensure availability of all documents/supplies
• Maintain and ensure availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
• Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
5. Provide general administrative and logical support as needed to operations and programme teams
• Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
• Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payments of bills, as required.
6. Perform other tasks that may be required by supervisors
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Driving Skills: Excellent driving skills, strong defensive driving skills
Driving Knowledge: Strong knowledge of driving rules and regulations, driver protocol and courtesies and local roads and conditions
Vehicle Repairs: Skills in minor vehicle repairs
Valid Public Bus Driving License.
Minimum 3 years of work experience as a Driver
Safe Driving Record
Knowledge of driving rules and regulationsSkills in minor vehicle maintenance
Fluency in Arabic and good language skills in the English language
المسمى الوظيفي Driver
آخر موعد للتقديم 19 - Feb - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الثانوية العامة
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP
(TVET) Project Manager
OHCHR Human Rights Officer
23, Dec, 2020
(TVET) Project Manager
11, Dec, 2020
TEA Project Manager
رام الله والبيرة
9, Dec, 2020
7, Dec, 2020
Data Entry and Management Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
19, Nov, 2020
OHCHR National Operations Manager
رام الله والبيرة
5, Nov, 2020