About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The Driver will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
General Position Summary
The driver will provide safe transport services for MC program and support staff in the West Bank and Israel. The driver will adhere to all traffic and MC safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the MC transport department. The driver will also provide administration and logistics support to the Logistics Department.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that all Mercy Corps Vehicles are safe and road worthy.
- Ensure that major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Organize cleaning of the vehicles.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with Gas station(s).
- Responsible for completion of monthly compilation and submission of log-sheets.
- Assist the Operational staff in their regular duties when possible.
- Operate MC vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with MC policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to transport management.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Complete administration and procurement tasks as needed, under the guidance of the Procurement Coordinator.
- Adherence to all MC policies and procedures as outlined in MC policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in country of operation.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
Reports Directly To: Procurement and Logistics Coordinator.
Works Directly With: Procurement and Logistics Coordinator, support staff in Jerusalem office. Co-ordinates with Mercy Corps program and operations staff in the office/guesthouse.
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid Israeli driver's license and experience driving different kinds of vehicles.
- Must respect and adhere to all safety and traffic rules.
- Basic understanding of English and fluency in all local languages is required.
- Knowledge of routes, duty stations, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
Mercy Corps is looking for an enthusiastic person, who loves logistics and ready to offer his/her help. This person should be reliable, problem solver and able to work under pressure.