Médecins Sans Frontières “Doctors without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is currently seeking to hire a Driver to join our project in Gaza.he will be responsible for Performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an MSF vehicle, ensuring its tech-nical and safety conditions and respecting the country's traffic rules and MSF security rules, in order to pro-vide a safe, smooth and efficient service
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads
- Essential 2 years minimum of previous driving experience
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, boats, motorbikes, etc.)
- Desirable in MSF or other NGOs
Languages Mission language and local language essential
- Essential knowledge of basic mechanics
- Good knowledge of mission area roads
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
- C.V. and Cover Letter in English detailing qualifications for this position
Please write Driver on your application or it may not be considered.
The deadline for submitting applications is: Sunday 11th August 12:00pm
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.