Vacancy for a Disability Inclusion Coordinator –Part time contract
The Culture and Free Thought Association “CFTA” was established in 1991 as an independent organization playing a leading role in developing a Palestinian civil society that is based on promoting the rights of children, youth and women in the Gaza Strip. CFTA is a development non-governmental organization which, in emergency situations, also provides humanitarian assistance.
CFTA is currently seeking a Disability Inclusion Coordinator-part time contract to help ensure that all practices, programmatic and operational are inclusive and sensitive to individual needs.
Location: CFTA main office in Khan Younis and its 5 centers
Contract period: 3 months (Part time)-maybe extended
- Reviewing, updating CFTA’s policies, manuals and systems in a HRBA - with a special attention to disability inclusion and leave no one behind principle .
- Work to apply inclusive practices inside CFTA centres and main office, based on CFTA strategy and disability inclusion action plan.
- To identify barriers that might hinder people with disability participation on equal foot as their peers with no disability do insider CFTA, and work to overcome it.
- To assist CFTA technical team in applying advocacy actions that address the interest of people with disabilities.
- Provide technical support to CFTA and WESSAL network team members to apply disability inclusion and other LNOB practices through coaching and advice.
- Assist in communicating different stakeholders for the sake of improving access of persons with disabilities to different services. ( networking),
- Work to build communication with DPOs and INGOs supporting disability inclusion projects.
- To produce regular detailed reports to the management and identify trends, progress and challenges regarding diversity
- To produce action plan and recommendations to address identified areas for improvement
- To assist CFTA with the process of transformation of being an inclusive NGO
- To coordinate closely with Wessal Network and promote diversity initiatives and sharing best practices
- To champion equality and diversity of CFTA at the national level
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least a BA in a relevant field At least three years at least three years practical experience in the area inclusion of people with disabilities Advocacy and lobbying skills
- Fluent in English and Arabic oral/written
Essential skills and competencies
- Previous experience in Projects coordination for people with disabilities
- Knowledge of participatory development methods
- Excellent computer skills (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint and Word processing)
- A good understanding of experiential training methodologies and coaching is a strong advantage.
- Experience in the area of report and proposal writing
- Ability to identify opportunities and generate creative solutions
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Innovative, flexible and proactive personality
- Excellent team work competencies and confidently demonstrating a coaching approach in working with others
- Hard worker and results-oriented
- Ability to handle work stress, time pressure and difficult situations efficiently
- Willing to travel in the field, spending extra working hours and possibly working during weekends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
No later than Thursday, 3, October 2019
Interested candidates are encouraged to complete the application .Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.