IT & Development Information Solutions (DIS) Officer
West Bank/Gaza Pioneers-Raedat
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking an IT & Development Information Solutions (DIS) Officer for the USAID West Bank/Gaza Pioneers-Raedat Project. This five-year $35M program is intended to leverage women’s potential to create ripple effects that shift gender-based power relations within the Palestinian community. This Activity will improve institutional frameworks and processes in select sectors to ensure they align with legal requirements and international best practice (both existing and new that might be advanced through implementation) for the inclusion of women. It will also support communities to develop the necessary tools to promote women’s inclusion in activities outside the home; build the capacity and confidence of individual women by engaging institutions of higher education and civil society; develop male allies, political structures, and the private sector; and strengthen public awareness and advocacy around women’s issues, including gender-based violence (GBV).
We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
The IT & DIS Officer specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversees and manages office IT infrastructure
- Provide support to office staff on general IT issues
- Under the direction of the Director of MEL and Communications or their designee, maintains and analyzes M&E and DIS data collected by project staff and/or local partners.
- Enters all required project activity data into the DIS system, ensuring it is up-to-date and accurate.
- Manage beneficiary databases and ensure timely data entry.
- Establish other databases to support the project and its local NGO partners as needed.
- Supports staff in utilization of Global Communities SharePoint, including Pioneers-Raedat project homepage and document management.
- Maintain records of licenses and upgrade as needed
- Reviews vendor contracts and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs.
- Participates in the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures to ensure effective operation of an organization.
- Liaises with the organization’s HQ IT department as a focal point on all IT related matters.
- Maintain an updated project inventory list.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, MIS or any related field
- At least Three years of relevant experience in similar position for a local or an international organization.
- Good experience in hardware and software systems
- Good experience in maintaining laptops, printers and copiers functionality and operation
- Proven experience in database development, management and SQL
- Proven experience of data collection design such as Kobo Toolbox
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written in both English and Arabic
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Thursday November 09, 2023 indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities holds strict safeguarding principles and has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. In the process of recruitment, selection, and appointment, Global Communities will conduct robust reference and background screening checks, including international vetting as a signature of the Global Misconduct Disclosure Scheme to ensure children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded, and abuse is prevented. The incumbent is required to carry out their duties in accordance with Global Communities Safeguarding policy and the Standards of Conduct.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.