An-Najah National University Hospital is one of An-Najah National University academic and medical institutions that aims to provide the Palestinian people with the optimum medical care that ensures the highest patient safety and quality standards.
NNUH also aims to invest in Palestinian competencies everywhere to cooperate and work in a transparent and professional environment, in addition to building and enhancing partnerships with the community and local, national, and international organizations which will ensure sharing scientific and practical experiences.
NNUH hiring policy stands upon equality of opportunities, continuous training and development for its staff, and investing in competencies that will enrich its medical and administrative teams; therefore, NNUH is announcing for
Director Support Services
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Director of Support Services is responsible for the management and overall support for engineering and facilities, biomedical engineering, Environmental Services, Safety/Security, communications, laundry, transportation, ambulance services and Food services. The director will be responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of all environmental health and environment of care plans and programs for the hospital. The director will be actively involved in construction projects and compliance activities as directed by CEO.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of NNUH.
- Direct and manage support services departments.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
- Manage procedures for obtaining and maintaining hospital licenses.
- Oversee the coordination between the hospital and local municipalities concerning medical and non-medical waste.
- Identify cost effective systems needed to support the business of the departments and hospital.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all departments including administration, employees, providers patients, and vendors.
- Develop and maintain environmental Health, Safety and other support services policies, procedures and
- Investigate causes of support services incidences and take the necessary steps to prevent future incidents.
- Work proactively with key stakeholders on facility construction and renovation projects.
- Manage contracted services within the department to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions as well as best interests of the hospital.
- Lead accreditation preparation activities related to hospital accreditation and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate and supervise accreditation surveys as it pertains to support service departments.
- Act as the facility safety officer and is responsible for the coordination and supervision of compliance activities for facility management and life safety practices.
- Facilitate environment of care drills as required.
- Direct and oversee the fulfillment of project assignments, within budget and on schedule.
- Monitor staff compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Assure environmental rounds are conducted and follow-up on issues observed.
- Serve on hospital committees as needed.
- Participate in continuing educational opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Oversee staff evaluation and development and ensure staff compliance with hospital identified competencies.
- Provide training to staff and contractors as needed.
- Identify educational opportunities for staff learning and development.
- Represent the hospital at external meetings and liaise with government and private entities as needed.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Communicate administrative directives to personnel and encourage interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Perform other duties as assigned Professional Requirements.
Education and Experience :
- Master’s degree in health care administration, healthcare field or related field with appropriate mix of education, experience and skills.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Previous large hospital experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in construction, environmental safety, occupational safety, building codes and standards, contracted services and infection control.
- Experience with hospital accreditation preferred.
- Certification in one or more of working areas preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Excellent computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office products, project management and other software packages
- Budget preparation and management skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to work in physically demanding, high-stress environment
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 14 October, 2020