An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is adopting the Revenue Cycle Model for managing patient financial services and is seeking a strategic and transformational Director with knowledge, skills and experience to lead this function. The selected candidate will manage patient financial services from end-to-end and will be the go-to person in the hospital for all issues related to patient financial services.
An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
Director – Revenue Cycle (Patient Financial Services)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
A. Key Job Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the revenue team by ensuring effective and timely delivery of end-to-end patient financial services; from registration to collection.
- Establishes and maintains departmental policies and procedures and ensures policies are communicated and administered consistently.
- Reviews current status of patient accounts to identify and resolve billing and processing problems in a timely manner.
- Establishes and implements a system for the collection of delinquent accounts ensuring third-party payers are contacted.
- Maintains knowledge of government (Ministry of Health and Military Services), insurance and third-party payor regulations.
- Develops and monitors departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Prepares and submits to hospital leadership operational reports on regular basis.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of pricing schedules.
- Negotiates and maintains contracts with private insurance companies.
- Communicates on regular basis with government payers (Ministry of Health and Military Services) to address referrals, pricing and coverage criteria.
- Supports developing the annual budget.
- Solves difficult patient financial services issues.
- Audits problem accounts and implements necessary actions to prevent lost revenue.
- Supervises, trains, orients and evaluates performance over assigned personnel. Recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Develops and oversees billing information systems and works with information technology to ensure timely and accurate implementation and maintenance.
- Attends administrative meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development and performance improvement committees and activities.
- Maintains confidentiality in regard to patients’ accounts status.
- Adheres to NNUH’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
B. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Management or a related field.
- Advanced Degree, Masters in Business Administration or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- (7) years of progressive management experience including at least two (2) years as a manager or director in a similar role.
- Hospital patient financial services experience is strongly preferred.
C. Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in or good understanding of revenue cycle model.
- Experience with hospital patient billing systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and ERP solutions.
- Deep knowledge in international accounting standards and principles.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Flexible with quick adaptation to change.
- Ability to operate under stressful situations.
- Extremely organized.
- Customer service skills.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, coding and office procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental, third-party, and insurance company operating procedures, regulations and billing requirements, and government reimbursement programs.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and the public.
- Skills in developing, implementing and administering budgets.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems, and correct errors.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 16 January, 2022