General Objectives of the Job: The Director of the Research and Development Department is fully responsible for the strategic planning process and for leading research operations. S/he should be able to participate in developing and implementing strategic directions, generating creative ideas, designing pioneering initiatives, and contributing to building alliances and strategic partnerships, in order to achieve Taawon’s mission while ensuring its effectiveness and modernity.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive Taawon’s role as catalyst for development, platform for evidence-based program research, springboard for ideation, sponsor for community ownership, and advocate for delivery of impactful development initiatives of scale through a network of competent partners.
- Contribute to designing scalable, impactful, and sustainable flagship programs.
- Oversee in-house and outsourced research that supports the above role.
- Provide leadership to strategy development, produce, and transmit knowledge within Taawon and its network.
- Create, monitor, document, and follow up on key aspects of development such as:
- Preparing the institutional strategic plans, including the plans of Taawon’s programs, and grants.
- Preparing operational plans, including performance indicators.
- Ensuring alignment of Taawon’s collective development work across programs and departments.
- Monitoring compliance of actual achievements versus plans.
- Measuring impact, and
- Participating in the preparation of strategic directions and road maps.
- Contribute to Taawon’s efforts in building alliances and partnerships at a local, regional, and global levels in the context of strategies, research and development, and implementation.
- Oversee internal and external evaluations, surveys, and studies at executive and institutional levels.
- Oversee publication of Taawon’s research and publication work including position papers, brochures, and development plans.
- Organize meetings, seminars, workshops, and periodic intellectual conferences including defining agendas, identifying the best experts to speak in these activities, and conducting related follow-ups, including documenting, and publishing results, and transforming them into strategic and operational plans that contribute to the growth of Taawon.
- Respond to and correct observations received from external and internal audits in the context of research and development.
· Executive level: Vertically under the Director General, and horizontally with Department Directors and Country Directors.
· Institutional level: Various institutional committees & task groups like Strategy & Governance Committee, Partnerships, Performance, and Impact (PPI) task group, etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Background / Functional Expertise
- Seasoned professional with over 15 years of leadership experience in:
- Philanthropic organizations or NGOs; or
- Development funds or multilateral institutions; or
- Academic Institutions/Research Centers
- Senior management experience in working with medium to large organizations
- Experience in planning and developing creative strategic ideas, designing pioneering initiatives and building partnerships
- Exposure to international development organizations, research centers and academic institutions
- Community development experience in one or more of Taawon's focus areas (e.g., education, culture, healthcare, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of the NGO Eco-system, social and economic needs in Palestine
- Understanding of the fund raising and donors' networks in Palestine and worldwide
- Exposure to new tools and trends in digitalization, media, and communication
- Experience working in or with public sector organizations in Palestine
- Senior stature and gravitas, with credibility and authority in research.
- Combines strategic, critical, and analytical thinking skills. Implements vision and strategic direction in line with Taawon's priorities.
- A dynamic thinker who inspires and empowers to foster a culture of high performance, creativity and sustainability.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills. Ability to address issues and work effectively with all stakeholders
- Ability to deal with challenges, ambiguity, and constant change. Works in an effective and seamless manner with superiors
- Post-graduate degree (preferably a PhD) from a reputable university in a relevant degree (e.g., science, social or humanities)
- Ability to travel throughout Palestine
- Complete fluency in English and Arabic
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below