In preparation to extend and expand our programs, TYO is seeking a Director of Programs who will support the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of all of our programs (Education, Employment and Entrepreneurship, Women Empowerment, Mental Health). S/he is responsible for contributing to program design and strategy, building partnerships with local and international organizations to expand the program, developing systems to sustain and improve program quality, providing thought leadership on the latest innovations in the field, supporting program monitoring and evaluation, and supporting program design and grant writing.
What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Technical lead on all TYO sectors (Education, Employment and Entrepreneurship, Women Empowerment, Mental Health). Experience in technical staff supervision.
- Strong experience in development of high quality proposal submissions to major donors; Experience in fundraising and the donor landscape in Palestine.
- Provide strategic direction to sustainably expand and improve our programs to best serve beneficiaries and help TYO become a key player in Palestine’s nonprofit ecosystem and beyond.
- Oversee all program managers on a day-to-day basis to ensure that program objectives and timelines are met.
- Improve and document program protocols and procedures to ensure the scalability, replicability, and consistent quality of our programs.
- Support with program design and grant writing to ensure the consistent funding of our programs.
- Provide thought leadership on youth development, education, mental health, and women’s empowerment, staying on top of innovations in the field.
- Support the preparation of high quality, accurate and timely reports for funders and project partners as required.
- Support the rigorous evaluation of project performance, impact, and cost effectiveness, including coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in International Development, Education, Mental Health, Management or related field is required
- At least 7 years of experience in the nonprofit or international development field with responsibilities including project design, implementation, management, reporting, monitoring and evaluation; and quality improvement
- Experience in team management and in providing team members with mentorship, information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives;
- Experience liaising with various development partners, such as international organizations, private sector companies, NGOs, and local civil society actors.
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting to major donors; Ability to analyze complex data and summarize it for a range of audiences.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to gain support from staff across teams and to build the capacity of others with cross-cultural, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform tasks independently with little to no direction or oversight.
- Deep knowledge of education, mental health, women’s empowerment, and youth livelihoods regionally and internationally.
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Palestine.
- Deep passion and long-term commitment to supporting the sustainable development of marginalized communities in Palestine and beyond.
- Ability and willingness to be very flexible and accommodating in changing project needs .
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.