MA'AN Development Center is looking for an Experienced, Qualified & Dynamic candidates for the position of
Director of Programs
The role of the Director of Programs is to work with the Director General and the Program Team in carrying out MA’AN’s mission, strategic goals and objectives and developing and sustaining the center as a professional, efficient and effective development organization working for the resilience of our people, through supervising a wide range of programs.
- Contributing to the strategic planning and direction of MA’AN Center.
- Initiating and setting goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of MA’AN Center.
- Planning, with Programs Managers, the different programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes.
- Engage with and coordinate across multiple stakeholder groups to support the development of high quality proposals.
- Identify strategic opportunities to ensure adequate resources for the center are secured.
- Ensure the integration of cross cutting issues into design and implementation of programs and projects.
- Contribute to the identification and capacity development of organization and staff and their inclusion in proposals
- Lead communication of donor compliance requirements across relevant departments, staff, and implementing partners.
- Developing projects operations and budgets with the department of finance.
- Working with the Director General, Programs officers, Coordinator in formulating new programs and projects.
- Identifying and creating new strategic partnerships and expanding MA’AN’s relations with international and local NGOs and Governmental bodies
- Working with the Director General on developing projects’ proposals.
- Leading the planning and communication processes for finalizations of award contracts with donors and the Director General.
- Developing MA'AN's opportunities for cooperation with international NGOs through increasing access to global information.
- Developing and updating programs policy papers.
- Advocating and lobby for the rights of the Palestinian community at the national and international level.
Human Resource Management
- To lead the Program Team in carrying out MA’AN’s mission and plans.
- To be responsible for the planning, supervision of the delivery and overall success of each programs.
- To supervise programs managers and inform management on progress, performance and any challenges facing the implementation processes.
- To effectively develop and manage the human resources under his/her direction.
- To build the capacity of MA’AN staff and partners in Project Cycle Management.
- To develop and conduct performance appraisals of staff under his/her supervision.
- To develop, with the Program Team, the annual work plan & supervise its implementation.
- To assist in directing and coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure project progress is on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- To effectively develop and manage MA’AN’s overall program including developing annual work plans, assigning resources, and identifying the scope of work.
- To co-ordinate alongside Program officers between the program areas to ensure maximum impact of the activities and interventions among MA’AN, branch offices.
To review agreements, contracts, documents, work practices, and completed work and identify areas where changes might be necessary.
- To review and clear progress & financial reports in English and Arabic on the achievements and progress of the programs.
- Responsible for tracking and raising issues related to: amendment requests needed; contractual/donor compliance adherence; delays in deliverables that need to be communicated to variances against phased budget; issues regarding audits and evaluations that need to be communicated to donors and implementing partners. To contribute to the management of various programs & projects.
- To ensure the implementation of activities are carried out in accordance with the project parameters.
- To ensure compliance of organizations and implementing partners with award contract terms.
- Represent at periodic meetings with stakeholders to report on planned activities and actions, including implementation status
- To ensure an effective monitoring and evaluation system is implemented and maintained.
- To develop and update the project-monitoring plan and monitor the indicators of the project.
- To develop & review the Monitoring Plans, with the MEAL coordinators.
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
- Participate in regular project evaluations to assess progress and recommend solutions.
- .Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- To participate in the M & E working group with other consortia.
- To assist in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports for
- To prepare reports in English to the donating agencies.
- To provide guidance and coaching to the programs team.
- To identify and create new strategic partnerships.
- To expand MA’AN’s relations with international and local NGOs and Governmental bodies.
- To represent MA’AN in local and international networks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience:
- M.A degree in project management, management, social sciences, economics, development, public relations, or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a program director.
- Minimum of 6 years of work in development and/ or NGO management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of NGO sector.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management, financial management and administrative competencies.
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic and English.
- Extensive experience in report and proposal writing in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound communication skills.
- Creative and innovative approach in developing new ideas and programs.
- Adept skills in Project Cycle Management (PCM).
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and MS Project.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient skills in cooperation and team building.
- Readiness to work within a team.
- Willingness to work under stress and multiple competing demands.
- Ability to form good relationships with colleagues, partners & stakeholders.
Qualified Candidates should submit their CVs and a letter of interest no later than the 17th of January 2019 to the following E-mail:
MA’AN Development Center is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to apply for the position
Only short listed candidates will be contacted