The Director of M&E will support the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all project activities (in the sectors of Education, Employment and Entrepreneurship, Women Empowerment, Mental Health). S/he is responsible for creating and supporting the implementation of baseline assessments along with ensuring development and operationalization of high-quality ongoing M&E systems and reporting. S/he establishes best practices to ensure information collected is accurate, timely and disseminated appropriately in high quality reports. The Director of M&E will use findings to improve programming and achieve larger program impacts and outcomes. S/he will also be actively involved in promoting learning through documentation of lessons learned and developing approaches for community analysis and decision-making utilizing data.
What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Develop systems for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impact.
- Develop and support the implementation of baseline assessments.
- Design methodology and coordinate research activities for project operations and assessments.
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to develop M&E Plans, M&E tools, survey design, methodology, and data analysis to assess program impact.
- Effectively rollout M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- Support the preparation of high quality, accurate and timely reports for funders and project partners as required.
- Provide on-going support to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps and build capacity among project team.
- Manage and support a rigorous evaluation of project performance, impact, and cost effectiveness, including coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Statistics, or related field is required;
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management experience in qualitative research techniques a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation related to: education, literacy, mental health, livelihoods, entrepreneurship, or other related fields with Major Donors.
- Prior experience overseeing and ensuring the success of M&E systems including ensuring approval of M&E plan, reporting on approved education projects, and successfully completing annual data quality assessments are a plus.
- Experience in systems thinking and application of adaptive methodologies would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of monitoring, evaluation and assessment tools to promote evidence-based learning.
- Ability to analyze complex data and summarize it for a range of audiences.
- Ability to gain support from staff across teams and to build the capacity of others.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of Palestine is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to be very flexible and accommodating in changing project needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.