SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages Palestine is seeking to recruit Director of Fund Development and Communications who is:
- A creative, inspirational leader with entrepreneurial skills who is both strategic and also willing to work "hands on"
- She/he needs to have people management skills and a strong commitment to meet agreed targets
- She/he also needs to be able to actively identify and open new opportunities for financial support and maintaining high ethical fundraising standards
- She/he has to be a state resident with proven understanding and knowledge how things work in the country and well integrated in local business networks (e.g. membership of professional associations) and society.
- Can identify with the vision, mission and values of SOS Children’s Villages
The main aim of the Director (Head) of fund development and communications is to pursue opportunities in the Palestinian Territories to cover the Member Association’s running costs and investments from private, corporate and public sector donations in order to increase / establish the financial self-sufficiency of the Member Association, to define, implement and fulfil the long term /FDC strategy reflected in the mid-term strategy and business plans of the Member Association and to publicly communicate the mission and the achievements of SOS Children’s Villages.
Location: Bethlehem with travel to other parts of the West Bank and Gaza.
- Defines, implements and fulfils the middle-term FR /FDC strategy reflected in the business plans of the Member Association. This includes donations in kind and public funding
- Plans, monitors, evaluates and analyses the fundraising activities according to defined planning and reporting procedures and against defined and agreed KPIs
- Positions SOS Children’s Villages as a strong and consistent brand among potential and existing supporters based on SOS Children’s Villages roots, vision, mission and values
- Works according to globally valid manuals and guidelines and the Fund Development & Communication Department’s planning and reporting procedure
- Pursues opportunities for the country to internally and externally promote the Member Associations’ activities in order to increase the public recognition and foster a positive image with the overall goal to support fundraising activities, sets up the External Communications concept and the External Communications plan reflecting the strategy and the development of External Communication in the country, is responsible for fulfilling the External Communications plan of the Member Association
- Aims to strengthen brand awareness, credibility and acceptance with the overall goal to support fundraising activities
- Drives fundraising innovation in all fields of Fundraising like products, channels, target groups, database solutions etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- University degree ideally in marketing and sales, business administration or social science
- Proven track record of at least 3-5 years in fundraising or similar profession in a leading position in sales or marketing.
- Proven track record in direct marketing and at least one other FR-channel (online, F2F, SMS, telemarketing, face to face etc)
- Good understanding and practical experience of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems incl. database solutions being able to manage the full donor life cycle
- A proven track record of at least 3‐5 years in leadership and management
- Capable of setting and achieving ambitious and realistic targets
- A strong result focused orientation combined with a proven competence in strategic planning, budgeting, analysis and evaluation
- Proven market analysing skills
- Efficient in time and resource management
- Self‐motivated, determined, innovative and with a “can do” mentality, i.e. ability to identify and take advantage of fundraising opportunities with an entrepreneurial spirit and not rely on brand awareness. Must proactively “sell” the SOS national association.
- Able to deal with challenges and stressful situations
- Experience with high‐level negotiations and management of partners and service providers
Interested candidates must send their CV & Cover letter to [email protected]
Deadline: August 10th, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted