The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The International Committee of the Red Cross is looking for an experienced communicator to join our team in Tel-Aviv to fill in the position of
Digital Content Manager and Spokesperson
Starting Date : 01 November 2021
Grade level : B2
Annual Gross Salary Range : ILS 132’600 to ILS 181’740
The Caliber will be responsible for representing ICRC publicly and managing our social media and online presence in Hebrew and English. We expect the Caliber to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, experienced in media relations. We are looking for enthusiastic professional and excellent team-player with a creative mind and interest in humanitarian matters.
- Creates strategies for ICRC public engagement with Israeli audiences. Develops and contributes to public communication campaigns to raise awareness about ICRC and relevant humanitarian issues.
- Acts as an ICRC spokesperson. Maintains and develops relations with media based in Tel-Aviv to ensure quality coverage of key humanitarian issues and enhance ICRC’s public profile.
- Manages ICRC’s social media and online presence in Hebrew and English. Plans, designs and produces the generation of digital content working with a network of photographers, audio-visual specialists and writers.
- Drafts speaking points, news releases and other products. Oversees the production of the ICRC’s publications in Hebrew.
- Proposes and produces compelling written and AV content to help position priority humanitarian issues and themes. Promotes and distributes communication products that target television and digital news broadcasters.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- 5 years of professional experience, including 3 in media relations and/or content generation. Experience with RC/RC Movement and/or with a humanitarian organization is an advantage.
- Confirmed experience in developing and implementing public communication strategies or campaigns in Israel.
- Substantial experience of writing articles, press releases, briefs, feature stories, etc. Good understanding of media environment and news gathering process. Track record of publications is an asset.
- Track record of successful public relations management.
- Excellent public communication and negotiation skills (oral and written), and sound knowledge of media environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex issues into media-friendly documents.
- High degree of organization, strong priority-setting skills, proven capacity to work in a stressful environment and follow tight deadlines.
- Proven capacity to work in a team.
- Strong interest in humanitarian/human rights issues.
- Fluent in written and spoken Hebrew and English. Arabic is an asset;
- Fluency with both Windows and Mac platforms;
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (Drupal/WordPress);
- Familiarity with HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML;
- Proficient and enthusiastic about social media, and a user of multiple platforms either professionally or personally.
- AV editing skills (Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro) is an asset;
Please submit in English, to [email protected] until 07/10/2021:
Motivation letter setting out why you are the suitable person for this role.
Please clearly mark the position title and your name in the subject title of your email