ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
7amleh is a non-governmental organisation advocating for Palestinian digital rights and monitoring government’s and social media companies’ infringements and violations of digital rights. The main office is located in Haifa (3 staff members) with regular meetings in Ramallah (1 staff member) and an additional staff member and board members working online.
ActionAid and 7amleh are seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a Digital Advocacy Inspirator for 12 months period. The post location is in Haifa/ Ramallah, 7amleh – The Arab Center for the Advancement in Social Media).
Start Date: 1st of May 2019
The objective of this position is to research and advocacy; develop and build on what 7amleh achieved already, develop online advocacy work in general; Increase 7amle ability to produce quality reports and researchers, coalition-building and networking advocacy strategy.
The key responsibilities areas for this position are as follows:
- Development of advocacy plan.
- Support the development and execution of advocacy campaigns.
- Map national and international organisations and other stakeholders that can support 7amleh’s mission.
- Support 7amleh in engaging in new partnerships.
- Participation in learning network for Advisors/Inspirators.
- Use of and contribute to online communities such as Beautiful Rising.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Required Nationality:
- Required skills & core competences
- significant advocacy experience
- research and editing experience
- Personal qualifications
- patience (in particular given the political situation and movement-restrictions)
- good communicator (staff working from different areas) Patient
- Language requirements
- Academic level of English
- Knowledge of Arabic and/ or Hebrew helpful
Per diem (monthly): non-taxable per diems (700 €) and 100 € Lump Sum upon starting date and a 70 € as transportation allowance on monthly basis.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] no later than 15th April 2019 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Interviews are expected to take place first week of May. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.