An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The Dietitian provides nutrition education to patients and their families who are screened at nutrition risk, patients identified to have nutritional risks and/or patients referred by a physician or another clinical staff member. The Dietitian integrates research-based practices and practice guidelines, as established by nutrition specialty groups or other health care agencies, into educational and professional development activities.
The dietitian is a member of the multidisciplinary team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Responsibilities include the assessment and implementation of nutrition strategies that integrates evidence-based recommendations into practice and ensures that the patient’s nutrition needs are being met to improve quality patient outcomes.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct patient care to assigned clinical areas.
- Participates in rounds when scheduled in the clinical areas.
- Completes nutrition screening and assessments to ensure evidence-based nutrition practice and strategies are implemented and consults with stakeholders concerning nutrition issues.
- Evaluates nutrition practice and ensures care and messaging is reflective of up-to-date nutrition practices and integration of practice standards as appropriate.
- Creates an environment that enhances effective patient and family centered care and fosters learning.
- Contributes to develop quality improvement activities related to nutrition and participate in studies as directed.
- Assess patients regarding food preferences when necessary.
- Identify patients on nutrition risk and develop plan of care .
- Conduct a nutrition assessment for those referred by the clinical team for all age groups and clinical conditions.
- Review dietary intake for factors that affect health conditions and nutritional risk .
- Evaluates patient and family’s knowledge, readiness to learn, and potential for changing behaviors.
- Document assessment findings and develops an individualized nutritional plan of care.
- Monitor patient’s response to nutrition therapy plan and adjust plan accordingly.
- Educate and counsel patients and families on nutritional issues, either individually or in groups.
- Prioritize identified nutrition problems for optimal patient health, recovery from illness, management of chronic disease, or disease prevention.
- Carry out educational and training programs to staff.
- Complete all required training and meet competencies as assigned.
- Carry out service Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Comply with hospital and nutrition department policies and procedures.
- Develop meal planning and coordinate with menu development.
- Work closely with food service team to ensure compliance with the approved therapeutic diet.
- Monitor food intake of patients when necessary.
- Supervise the operation of food preparation, delivery procedure and meal service to patients when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition and dietetics and licensed to practice.
- Two (2) years of experience in dietetics and/or clinical practice.
- Registered Dietitian by the Palestinian Dietitians Syndicate.
- Registered Dietitian at Palestinian Ministry of Health with valid professions practicing license.
- Strong knowledge of clinical nutrition theory and practices.
- Knowledge of food services delivery including menu planning, inventory management and program monitoring.
- Knowledge of local resources that may support the nutritional program in the hospital.
- Knowledge of nutrient analysis.
- Excellent counseling skills and ability to work with people with variable learning levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients and clinical staff.
- Good computer skills including the use of health information systems and Microsoft Office Products.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish productive working relationships with multidisciplinary team and support services.
- Ability to organize tasks and function independently.
- Good degree of flexibility.
- Experience in development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical practice is preferred.
- Clinical experience in an academic medical center is preferred.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application no later than 29 January, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest to join An -Najah National University Hospital (NNUH). All Applicants will be notified of the result of the employment application by email. Candidates who have been shortlisted may be required to complete a written exam.
NNUH wishes all applicants success in their professional endeavors