Vacancy – Legal AdvisorDiakonia was established in 1966. Today Diakonia considers itself part of global network ofpeople, organisations and churches working towards a world where people can live their life in peace and dignity. The base and board of Diakonia are five Swedish protestant churches. Together with members of the congregations, in particular the numerous Diakonia representatives active in the churches, Diakonia works in Sweden with popular education, mobilisation, campaigning, advocacy and fundraising. Diakonia works for a fair and sustainable development characterised by respect for all human rights, democracy, gender equality, economic and social justice and peace and reconciliation. We believe that a strong and vigorous civil society is of fundamental importance for any development to be sustainable. Our Regional Office for the Middle East is situated in Jerusalem; we work in Palestine, Egypt, Lebanon and Iraq.
Position: Legal Advisor
Period: 1 June 2009 – 1 March 2010
Deadline for applications: 6 April 2009
Responsible to: Programme Manager, International Humanitarian Law Programme
The Legal Advisor will mainly be responsible for research work in the IHL programme and obtaining updated information on international and Israeli law relevant to the oPt. S/he will be responsible for different parts of the programme from a legal perspective, as would be deemed necessary. S/he will give legal advice and make IHL briefings and be responsible for legal researchers.
In specific, the Legal Advisor will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Provide legal advice on international humanitarian law to the Programme.
2. Be part of the development of components of the program - education information and monitoring of violations of international humanitarian law.
3. Responsible for the current legal issues that the IHL team should work with.
4. Give legal expertise to the partners, RO and HO
5. Give legal advice and IHL briefings to the different parts of the international community present here in the oPt or visiting.
6. Be responsible for legal researchers.
7. Supervise legal outputs of the program.
1. Advanced degree in international law.
2. Excellent knowledge of international humanitarian law, international law and international human rights law.
3. At least 7 years working experience with international humanitarian law, including research.
4. Commitment to human rights.
5. Fluent in English.
6. Good research skills.
7. Good familiarity with the Palestinian and Israeli civil societies.
8. Ability to work with Palestinian and Israeli civil society NGOs.
9. Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
10. Ability to lead projects.
11. Computer skills
Cover letter and curriculum vitae, including references should be submitted by email to
Diakonia by 6 April 2008 at [email protected]
If you need any further clarifications please contact
Mr. David Kärnerud on + 972 (0)2 5322972 Ext. 103. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Diakonia is an equal employment opportunity organization.
The position, beyond 2009, is subsequent to future approval of funding
المسمى الوظيفي Diakonia/Legal Advisor
آخر موعد للتقديم 06 - Apr - 2009
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة No Experience
التصنيف القانون والمحاماة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Jobs.ps