The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to support economic development by activating and motivating labor market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating permanent employment opportunities. The Fund was adopted as reference and national umbrella for the entire employment operation by the Council of Ministers’ decisions issued in 2014 and 2016 in this regard.
The Palestinian fund for employment and social protection for worker (PFESP) is seeking to fill the following position:
Position Title:Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer (DME)
(PFESP Projects & Programs)
Position Type:Regular Employment -full Time
Location: Ramallah Office
Duration:Twelve months with possibility of extension
Department:Projects & Programs
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to support economic development by activating and motivating labour market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating permanent employment opportunities. The Fund was adopted as reference and national umbrella for the entire employment operation by the Council of Ministers’ decisions issued in 2014 and 2016 in this regard.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
DME Officer is responsible to ensure that the PFESP programs adhere to the Quality Assurance Protocols and other M&E Guidelines according to good governance, ensure that programs and projects are designed and implemented in line with the signed agreements and with the national policies. He/she will be responsible on designing and writing proposals for new projects and programs with fundraising duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Monitoring & Evaluationduties and responsibilities;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures;
- Monitor all Programs and projects activities and progress towards achieving stated results;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project’s success and sustainability;
- Contribute to the development of polices and strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all PFESP programs and projects activities;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to Project Management Team and PFESP;
- Participate in the annual Programs and Projects reviews and planning workshops and assist the Projects Managersin preparing relevant reports;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the PFESP Programs and Projects to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Assist the PFESP Programs and Projects personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
Design& Fundraising Developmentduties and responsibilities;
- Contributing to the writing of the fundraising strategy for the PFESP;
- Developing and updating fundraising plans for all areas of responsibility;
- Developing and designing Programs and Projects in line with PFESP Strategic plan;
- Keeping up to date with fundraising code of practice/new regulations
- Keeping up to date with trends and new fundraising methods
- Looking for new ways in which the PFESP can raise funds including International, governmental and commercial opportunities where applicable
- Develop and maintain contact and relationships with new and existing corporate donors to secure long term and increased funding across a wide range of target markets.
1-Commit to and support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and adhering to the code of ethics and policies of PFESP and the norms in the local society.
2-Perform work beyond normal office hours as required, without additional compensation.
3-Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to PFESP and not jeopardize its National mission.
4-Any other duties as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Programs and projectsManager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1-University degree in Project Management, Related fields of Engineering, Business Administration, Economic Development, Business Development, or a combination of experience and education in relation to project management.
2-At least 5 years’ proven experience in Designing, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and project management including reporting for- complex projects. experience with INGO funded programs is preferred.
3-Experiences in monitoring or management of projects in the field of social and economic recovery programs such as SMEs, Cash for Works, Livelihoods, Agriculture development or Infrastructure projects will be highly desired.
4-Understanding of the social, political, and economic context of the Palestinian territories.
5-Excellent communication, organizational, and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
6-Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
7-Demonstrated experience in using MS Office
8-Excellent experience in survey design, implementation, and analysis.
9-Excellent English Writing Skills and fluent in speaking.
Qualified persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a one-page cover letter and their CV by e-mail to
No later than 7th of july, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate in the email subject; Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation Officer
No application will be accepted if the email subject is not mentioned in the email subject line.
Please apply separate application for each position you are interested in