UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
UNRWA, the largest United Nations operation in the Middle East with over 30,000 staff working across five areas of operation, is looking for professionals like you.
UNRWA’s human development goals
UNRWA is funded almost entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states, regional bodies, business foundations and individual contributions. UNRWA has identified four human development goals as the focus of the Agency’s operations in committing to fostering human development of Palestine refugees by helping them to: lead long and healthy lives, acquire knowledge and skills, achieve decent standards of living and enjoy human rights to the fullest possible extent.
How can you make a difference?
You will be joining a team of around 4,000 staff in the West Bank Field Office working to foster the human development of some 800,000 registered Palestine refugees.
The incumbent of the post is responsible to the Head Field Procurement and Logistics Office (HFPLO)
The main responsibilities include:
In accordance with established Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
- Assists the HFPLO in planning, organising, staffing and controlling the Procurement and Logistics Department;
- Supervises the regular activities of procurement, receipt, storage, issue and
distribution of supplies and equipment by the Field including:
- Provision of adequate budget for the purchase of catalogue supplies required
in the Field;
- Ensuring compliance with established tendering and quotation procedures
for the supply of goods and services;
- Conducting quality control on supplies and materials received;
- Facilitating the receipt of supplies by land, sea and air through liaison with
customs, port, shipping and government authorities and the processing of
customs, tax exemption, insurance, clearing and forwarding documentation
and in warehousing and delivery of supplies, as planned;
- Carrying out local market research and procuring local supplies.
- Supervising the sale of surplus, obsolete or unserviceable equipment.
- Supervising the operation in stock control and warehousing functions
Including Central Pharmacy (medical warehouse).
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of the transport fleet and related
machinery and equipment by:
- Ensuring compliance with relevant Motor Transport Technical and other related instructions.
- Ensuring that vehicle maintenance schedules are established and adhered to’.
- Ensuring that relevant statistical data is complete and correct
- Carries out periodic reviews and preliminary market surveys on all major service
contracts for fresh food, portage services, transportation services disposal of empty containers, etc., and collecting relevant data for review of contract
- Co-ordinates with and provides technical advice and assistance on procurement
and logistics matters to other Departments and installations in the Field;
- Acts for the HFPLO during the latter's absence.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s).
Conditions of service:
Fixed Term Appointment, Grade 17
Monthly basic salary $ 1, 825.40, payable in Jordanian Dinar in UN’s monthly exchange rate, plus 35% of the basic salary as Special Occupational Allowance (SOA), plus an allowance of 1000 NIS payable in JD at UNRWA rate. Other benefits include monthly Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency), compulsory medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, and dependency allowance (if applicable).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in business administration or related field from an accredited educational institution and additional coursework or training in procurement and logistics management.
At least seven years of progressively responsible and relevant experience in work related to the administration and operation of procurement and logistics, including three years of related experience at senior level, involving supply planning, warehousing, stock accounting, data processing, personnel management and transport fleet responsibilities.
Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic.
Demonstrated ability in standard computer applications used by the Agency.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة