Posting Title : Deputy Dean Education Science Faculty- Fixed Term- Ramallah Men Training Centre (RMTC)- For Internal and External candidates- Grade, 16
Job Code Title : Dep Dean Faculty Of Edn Sciences & Arts
Department/ Office :UNRWA - Programme Education - West Bank
Posting Period :24 November 2022-12 January 2023
Job Opening number:22-EDU-UNRWA - Programme Education-196071-R-
Staffing Exercise :N/A
Org. Setting and Reporting
The incumbent of this post reports to Dean Education Science Faculty (ESF), A18
The incumbent of this post assists the Dean of the college in supervising a number of professional and general services staff members and / or other personnel.
1- Assists the Dean in managing, supervising and coordinating the day-to-day activities and operations of the ESF in addition to the strategic development and management of the faculty. 2- Supervises and provides guidance to all department heads and faculty staff, coordinates and organizes their work, assists in recruitment, ensures that the approved training programme is carried out efficiently and participates in the planning and implementation of suitable inservice training courses for the faculty staff.
- Supports innovative and collaborative leadership and promotes learning; in coordination with the Dean, builds and maintains strong partnerships with external constituencies, including UN agencies, professional societies, and other universities.
- Organizes and supervises the practice teaching programme; monitors and guides the work and training of the practice teaching specialists and the School principals of the practice schools.
- Prepares and ensures the implementation of the weekly time-table in coordination with the Dean and prepares the staffing table as necessary.
- Monitors academic progress and behavior of students, discusses concerns / problems if any in this regard and advises on needs for counseling, improvement or necessary educational and / or disciplinary measures as appropriate in light of applicable rules and regulations with section heads in order to achieve success.
- Ensures that equipment and other training facilities (including classrooms and laboratories) are properly utilized and that orders of training supplies are submitted in accordance with the established procedures.
- May act for the Dean ESF during the latter's absence.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
UN Core Values of Integrity, Professionalism and Respect for Diversity, and Core Competencies of Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results apply by default. Functional
- Leading and Supervising ii. Planning and Organizing iii. Applying Technical Expertise iv. Learning and Researching v. Analyzing
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- PhD degree from an accredited educational institution in the field of education in one of the recognized subjects in the ESF programme.
- Knowledge and skills in new methods and modern approaches and techniques in teacher education (both pre-service and in-service) with special emphasis on Open Distance Learning (ODL).
- Job Specific Qualifications
- At least Six years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience is required.
- Please confirm if you live/ reside in West Bank or Jerusalem? And if you have West Bank orJerusalem ID. please to mention its number down, as it is desirable.
Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
لن يتم النظر في أي معلومة يتم ارسالها بعد تقديم هذا الطلب، لذلك تأكد أن جميع المعلومات في طلبالوظيفة كاملة وصحيحة من حيث الدرجة العلمية (مثلا بكالوريوس/ماجستير/دبلوم) وجميع الخبرات منحيث تاريخ البداية والنهاية، والمسمى الوظيفي ، وجميع الوظائف في تاريخك المهني،وطبيعة العقد( دوام
(جزئي أو كاملمع التأكيد أن يتم ذكر كامل خبراتك العملية والاكاديمية في القسم المخصص لذلك Work Experience خانة Education خانةحيث أن اضافة خبراتك في أي مكان اخر في طلب الوظيفة لن يكون كافيا ولن يتم اعتماده
الرجاء الاطلاع على المرفق في أعلى هذا الاعلان
View this Job Posting in Arabic (Common mistakes)
UNRWA is committed to achieving gender parity at all levels of staffing under the current UN-wide gender agenda and strongly encourages applications from qualified women. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
* Conditions of service
-Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
- Duration of Contract: 3 years including 1 year probation period, with the possibility of further extension, subject to the availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need.
Monthly basic salary USD1,705.00, payable in JD at UN monthly exchange rate, plus 15% as Special Occupational Allowance (SOA).
Other benefits include:
- Provident Fund contribution (15.2% of basic salary paid by the Agency).
- Dependency allowances (if applicable).
- 30 days of annual leave.
- Compulsory medical insurance.
* Other Information
Should be ready to reside at the ESF compound if so required.
** DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the implementation of Quality Assurance measures of pre-service and inservice education programmes; and
- Prior experience in working with professional development accreditation systems procedures and criteria.
Equivalency may apply for this post.
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of Human Resources may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
Qualified and interested applicants can apply through this link :
For guidance on how to prepare for competency-based interviews:
- Important information
1-This vacancy notice is open to internal and external candidates. Only candidates residing in West
Bank or Jerusalem, and within commuting distance of the duty station with authorization to work in the duty station at the time of application are eligible to apply. The Agency will not assume responsibility or accountability to support or facilitate the issuance of work permit in West Bank/ Jerusalem, and without a valid work permit, the appointment may be rescinded.
- Preference will be given to registered Palestine refugees and candidates assisting the Agency to meet its commitment to gender parity. UNRWA welcomes applications from qualified candidates with disabilities.
- A roster may be created from the selection exercise, and successful candidates may becomeeligible for appointment to the same post or a similar post.
- Only applications that have been fully completed in UNRWA's online e-recruitment systeminspira will be considered and no late applications will be accepted. The PHP should be completed with full relevant work experience under the experience tabs as per the requirements in the Job Opening. All acquired university degrees must also be stated, if applicable. Applicants applying to positions for Grades 12 to 20 must submit a cover letter/motivational statement in order to be considered. Additionally, providing incorrect or misleading information on an application will result in the immediate disqualification of a candidate.
- Please ensure that the e-mail address and mobile phone number that you have written in your Personal History Form are accurate and active. Your status in relation to the vacancy will be communicated to you via email listed on your Personal History Form, as we will no longer be using telephone calls.