Chemonics International seeks applicants for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project that seeks to support Palestinian citizens and civil society actors to advocate for positive change. The DCOP supports the Chief of Party (COP), acts for the COP as needed, and carries out any other tasks assigned by the COP to ensure proper management of the project. The DCOP will be supervised by the Chief of Party and work closely with the project’s senior management and supervises several technical staff. The position will be based in Ramallah.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Oversee the successful implementation of all project’s technical components through direct supervision of the technical team;
- Contribute to the project’s annual workplan, under the supervision of the COP and in close coordination with other project team members and partners;
- Mentor and strengthen the capacity of the direct supervisees;
- Anticipate and address day-to-day work challenges in a timely manner in coordination with partners and relevant staff;
- Provide support to the COP in representational duties and quality control duties;
- Support the management and supervision of technical staff;
- Contribute to drafting project’s reports in close coordination with the project’s Director of Communications;
- Acts for the COP during their absence;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the COP.
- University degree in relevant field (Advanced degree is preferred);
- Minimum of 15 years implementing governance and/or civic participation projects in developing countries; of which at least 5 years shall have been in senior management roles such as DCOP.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in civil society engagement, or community development in West Bank and Gaza, ideally in support of donor-funded programming;
- Demonstrated experience in supervision of staff and management of similar programs;
- Experience working collaboratively with Palestinian civil society organizations and host country governments;
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Please send all CVs to [email protected] by April 6, 2022. Only candidates who are being considered will be contacted.