CNFA is seeking qualified candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded West Bank Irrigation Activity. The Effective Management of Irrigation Water Activity will work with farmers in the West Bank and Gaza (WBG) to improve agricultural practices using the power of science and technology. The Activity aims to improve climate-resilient conservation and management of freshwater resources and associated ecosystems by increasing the availability, quality, and environmental resilience of drinking water supply sources. Its main purpose is to reduce the non-beneficial water use in irrigation and reduce the use of fertilizers and other chemicals through improved agricultural practices. This will, in turn, improve the quantity and quality of available fresh groundwater resources. The duration of this Activity will be four years.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) is responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) with the overall management and oversight of the activity. The DCOP position will participate in the development of technical approaches and strategies and oversee a staff of technical specialists. The position will supervise both West Bank and Gaza field level staff to ensure they are aligned with program strategies and activities identified by the core technical team members The DCOP supports the COP in the quality control of donor reporting and serves as strategic advisor to Chief of Party (COP), and as Acting-COP in his absence. The position will be based in West Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The DCOP’s specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Support the COP in the overall management of the program for administration, operations, implementation, and fiscal compliance to ensure achievement of objectives within set timelines, scope, and budget allocations following USAID regulations and CNFA internal policies.
- Lead and closely work with the program team to provide effective coordination and guidance among smallholder farmers, the private sector, government entities, service providers, research and academic institutions, and other key stakeholders.
- Support the COP in the development and update of annual and Life of Project work plans to ensure implementation following the set course.
- Support the development of strong monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, program monitoring tools, and efficient systems to ensure high-quality implementation.
- Ensure quality control and provide overall technical and management leadership under the award.
- Represent CNFA with partners and key stakeholders, at conferences, workshops, meetings, and other industry gatherings.
- Maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team.
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation on time; and
- Other duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as agriculture, agronomy, agricultural engineering, environmental science, or a related discipline, with a specific focus on water conservation and sustainable water management practices.
- Minimum of 12 years of demonstrated experience in managing and implementing development projects in the agricultural sector, with a significant portion of this experience dedicated to water conservation initiatives. This experience should include designing and executing projects that optimize water usage, reduce water wastage, and promote efficient irrigation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of professionals, and coordinate with project partners, local communities, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful integration of water-saving solutions into agricultural practices.
- Proven experience in project management, including planning, budgeting, and resource allocation. The candidate should have a track record of effectively utilizing funds to implement similar projects in size and scope and achieve project objectives.
- A track record of successfully completing at least two projects similar in type and size to this project in developing countries within the past ten years, with a primary focus on incorporating water conservation technologies. The candidate should have experience in applying innovative water-saving solutions, promoting water-efficient irrigation methods, and implementing measures to enhance water-use efficiency in agriculture.
- Extensive knowledge of water conservation technologies and cutting-edge water-saving approaches. The candidate should have hands-on experience in deploying these technologies and adapting them to the specific needs and challenges of the target region.
- Familiarity with local and international regulations and policies related to water and agriculture sectors in the region.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic is required.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below