Founded in 1992, the mission of the PCRF is to provide medical care for sick and injured children, regardless of their nationality or religion. We do this by sending children abroad for free care, sponsoring volunteer medical teams to provide care for children and training for local medical personnel, as well as running humanitarian and developmental projects. For more information, please visit: www.pcrf.net
The role of the department project manager will be to support the day to day management of the department
1- Plan, Organize and Support the day to day management of the department:
- Develop work plans and identify key milestones to ensure the achievement of strategic aims;
- Work collaboratively with other managers to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Address the documents needed and process to be followed for patient referrals outside of the department, including permits and medical records
- Identify and support the logistics needed for the training of staff, both internally and externally;
- Identify and work with partners to address any and all drug shortages;
- Serve as the point person for the department with the media and local partners;
- Supervise the department social worker and child life services and staff;
- Identify and work on any maintenance issues, both infrastructural and equipment;
- Provide regular reports to all stakeholders concerning patient care, staffing needs, and material issues;
- Manage the tutoring program for the patients and to ensure that the children are being properly tutored
2- Tracking patient data to measure outcomes and evaluate the department by:
- Preparing and tracking patient charts, including protocols, consent forms, and appointments;
- Checking patients into the department and maintaining daily treatment schedule, following up with patients who miss scheduled treatment;
- Responsible for the accurate and timely retrieval of data from internal and external charts to maintain patient databases and registries.
- Submitting timely and accurate data forms and other related materials (slides, pathology, operative reports, and radiology reports) to relevant cooperative groups
- Works with research personnel in the preparation of audits and site visits
3- Communication & Relationship Building:
- Develop effective communication links with relevant team members and stakeholders;
- Produce and Present regular reports to the PCRF management on any issues, risks and/or concerns that require their attention;
- Adhere to PCRF communication policy, and ensure that information and opportunities are accessible to the relevant people in the appropriate format;
- Represent the department, highlighting areas of good practice in managing the department, making presentations and contributing to workshops as required;
- Review the status of work plans to ensure proper implementation.
4- Undertake any other duties that may be required and in alignment with the responsibility of this position.
- Bachelor degree in Public Health, Hospital Management or any related field from accredited university
- Project Management Skills - ability to plan, manage, and monitor
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to deliver the goals and objectives within an agreed timeframe;
- Ability to set own priorities with guidance and to work under own initiative;
- Proven experience in Managing projects in Health institutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and integrity at all times;
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to produce high quality written reports.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken and written)
- Excellent communicator and ability to engage with individuals at all levels including doctors, managers, social worker, patients and carers;
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing
- Accurately prepares written correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional across languages
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members
- Presents to volunteers, staff and donors professionally
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Shows initiative in interacting with and collaborating with team members on projects and organization’s activities
- Use every opportunity to learn from team members
- Appreciation of and dedication to the cause of PCRF,and Adhere to all PCRF policies and procedures
- IT skills: Google Applications, word, excel, powerpoint, web browsing, databases
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Displays a positive attitude
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work, Maintain a flexible approach to the PCRF work in order to meet the required targets
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself
- CV with three references.
- A cover letter explaining their suitability for the position.
- Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected]