An-Najah National University Hospital (NNUH) is pleased to extend the deadline for the submission of an application for the following vacancy:
The Biomedical Engineer is responsible for providing clinical engineering services at the hospital and affiliated facilities. The job involves planning, management, and maintenance of all hospital medical equipment as well as providing proper training to staff and ensuring that all equipment are safe for patient use. The biomedical engineer is responsible for providing primary support in troubleshooting and repairing sophisticated medical equipment and systems. This requires considerable knowledge and skill in configuring and troubleshooting computer operating systems and networks. The position requires the engineer to be on call during some evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the safety of all acquired equipment including those brought in the hospital on loan basis before use in patient care settings.
- Keeps accurate records of all maintenance activities performed on assigned medical equipment and update the equipment database of this record of service, completely and promptly
- Performs and records preventive maintenance of assigned equipment through periodic performance checks and measurements based on the hospital’s Medical Equipment Management Plan.
- Ensures urgent device corrections, and equipment recalls are acted upon in a timely manner to ensure safety of patients, visitors, and staff.
- Monitors incoming work orders, prioritize work based on criticality and accurately document all work in the hospital’s equipment management module
- Maintains excellent working relationships with the clinical teams as well as other departments within the hospital and hospital contractors.
- Provides training and guidance to clinical users on proper use and care for diagnostic, treatment and monitoring equipment.
- Demonstrate correct setup, calibration, and operation of patient care equipment to clinical staff as required.
- Uses calibration and test equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ standards activities and procedures when requested.
- Coordinate the work performed by service contractors and vendors to include maintenance calibration, installation and verification of service documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by managers.
- Adheres to hospital policies, procedures and codes.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering.
- At least Three (3) years’ experience working as a biomedical engineer at a hospital.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry, including an understanding of hospital operations or alternate care providers.
- Knowledge and experience with high-end equipment such as Anesthesia, Imaging, and Diagnostic Equipment, including the repair, calibration and maintenance of this equipment.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills.
- Teamwork oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
Interested and Qualified candidates are kindly requested to fill the application No later than 18 November, 2021