The Database and Archiving Officer will be responsible for collecting, classifying and sorting the contact information of local government units (LGU’s) in Palestine. And collecting different publications, studies, Agendas, strategies and plans related to local government sector in Palestine.
Founded in 1997, APLA is an independent organization mandated to represent and lobby for the collective interests of LGU’s by supporting capacity building among local governments, facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practices, and serving as vehicle for dialogue between the central government and LGU’s.
- Conduct field visits, meeting key personnel in LGU’s to collect specific and required data in both Arabic and English.
- Collecting, classifying and sorting the contacts information and data of LGU’s in Palestine.
- Create and develop an electronic and comprehensive Database for the LGU’s.
- Collecting, classifying and sorting different publications, studies, Agendas and strategies related to local government sector in Palestine.
- Perform any additional tasks as requested by the executive director of APLA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A university degree in a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Basic Knowledge of Palestinian local laws.
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Word and Excel is a must.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Excellent social, communication and networking skills.
- Representative and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and within a team.
- Database for local authorities.
- Publication library related to the local government sector.
- Reference and index sheet for the archive
Period of the of the initial contract
3 months with possibility of extension.
Place of the assignment
Interested candidates should send thier recent CVs, and a cover letter indicating their interest and how they’re qualified for the position to the following email address:
Deadline for submitting applications: 5/11/2018
Please make sure to indicate the position title (Database and Archiving Officer) within the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
APLA is an equal opportunities employer.