Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Hebron office a
Data Management and Accountability Officer
For a period of initial 6 months, with possibility of renewal
The overall responsibility of this position is to support the MEAL Unit and Technical Departments to collect, store and analyze quality data and ensure the daily management of the Feedback and Complaints Mechanism.
In the current context, the Data Management and Accountability Officer will:
- Assist in the data collection, analysis and reporting process across all projects (for needs assessment, monitoring etc.) in cooperation with field officers.
- Set up the needed questionnaire and data collection tools using Open Data Kit (ODK) system or relevant software and applications.
- Support data quality assessment through data quality assessment measures and means of verification revision to ensure data collected for project are accurate reliable.
- Assist in the development of Maps for programming and communication purpose.
- Prepare and Ensure timely input, as required, for weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports and any other required reports
- Support the technical teams to extract and analyze information on activities, beneficiaries and technical indicators.
- Be the focal point for project memory (a table with projects per year and associated proposal + final reports).
- Data entry for pilot data set (e.g. start with specified geographical area).
- Ensure the follow up of complaints and feedback
- Participate in the preparation of Indicators & Beneficiaries Progress Report (IBPR) and International Strategic Plan (ISP) report.
- Support the MEAL Head of Unit and Technical departments in the drafting of progress or M&E report as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in in computer science, statistics, information technology, social sciences or any other similar field
- At least two years’ experience in humanitarian sector.
- At least two years’ experience in data management in public, private or NGO sector.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and reporting skills.
- Proven capacity to analyze large data set.
- Demonstrated field experience in assessments, data gathering, interviews and information triangulation/verification.
- Previous experience conducting focus group discussions would be an asset.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with international and national NGOs.
- Previous direct work within MEAL functions is an asset.
- Good knowledge of data security and confidentiality principles.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Open Data Kit (ODK) or similar data collection applications and platforms is an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Power BI or similar Data Visualization software is an asset.
- Knowledge of statistical software such as R, STATA, SPSS are an asset
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Good in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English
- Valid Driving License.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position
The received applications will be included and valid in our database for a period of six months and will be used in similar future job opportunities.
We will only consider the candidacies received online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 28/04/2020
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.