MSI implements USAID’s Middle East & North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Services (MENA MELS) Activity, which supports the design and implementation of rigorous monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities for USAID’s Middle East Bureau and its operating units (OU) in 10 countries in the Middle East and North Africa, including the West Bank and Gaza. Under MENA MELS, the MSI team will conduct third-party monitoring of USAID-funded activities in the West Bank and Gaza. These third-party monitoring activities will track, verify, and collect data from implementing partners across multiple sectors, including sustained water access, economic growth, youth development, and humanitarian assistance.
**Please note: Only citizens of West Bank/Gaza are eligible for this position**
The Data Analyst will conduct analysis of quantitative and qualitative data collected by the project and will be expected to develop timely and concise analytical reports in English from this analysis. The Data Analyst will also have a strong role in quality assurance, including by reviewing analysis conducted by other members of the team. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Senior Data Analyst and TPM team to implement the TPM plan to ensure reporting and analysis meets USAID’s needs. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Senior Data Analyst, the third-party monitoring (TPM) team, and Team Lead to provide regular support and guidance in the areas of data management, analysis, and reporting. This is a full time position.
- Develop and execute data analysis plans for discrete tasks over the course of the project, as well as train other staff members to execute said plans.
- Contribute to the development of quantitative and qualitative TPM data collection instruments in consultation with other partners and stakeholders involved in development and humanitarian programming.
- Conduct reproducible analysis using statistical programming languages or software (e.g., R, Python, or Stata) to process large amounts of raw data and organize the preparation of prepared datasets, data set codebooks, exploratory and targeted analysis, and data visualizations.
- Develop coding frameworks for the analysis of qualitative data and use these frameworks to analyze qualitative data collected by the project.
- Recognize, extract and interpret data trends from large and complex data sets and express those trends in visual graphics and clear, concise prose.
- Provide quality oversight and assurance of data collected by third parties to ensure the completeness, accuracy, robustness and timely production of all data reports.
- Help the team identify gaps in data collection approaches.
- Assist in the presentation of findings, conclusions and recommendations to program stakeholders as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree, in data science, a social science field, or statistics required.
- Minimum of three years’ relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and direct experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team.
- Demonstrated experience conducting data cleaning, analysis, and reporting using quantitative data.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate large amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated proficiency and direct experience using R, Python, or Stata.
- Experience with using ArcGIS or QGIS software preferred.
- Proficiency and experience with one or more mobile data collection platforms preferred.
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Arabic required.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below