Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. We need in Jerusalem Office a:
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensure the security about staff and vehicle while be in the field.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non-MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver's driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of departure and arrival of the movement and any security update on the road .
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use navigation tools, specially the smartphone apps and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver's position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Flexibly to work in Hebron according to the need / using MSF car back and forth.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential 5 years minimum of previous driving experience.
- Good knowledge of Jerusalem, Ramallah and West Bank roads
- Desirable experience with specific vehicles to use (4x4, trucks, etc.).
- Desirable work experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Desirable knowledge of basic mechanics.
- English and Arabic essential and Hebrew is preferable
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
- Holder of Jerusalem ID.
- Valid driving license.
- To be standby on call
Interested candidates should submit their Cover letter and CV
Human Resources Departement _Jerusalem Office
With the reference: DAILY DRIVER– MSF VACANCY.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is 24th November 2022 MIDNIGHT