In the occupied Palestinian territory, ACTED is both committed to humanitarian assistance and long-term development. ACTED strives to strengthen the economic capacities of cooperatives in rural areas, consolidate civil society organisations, and provide emergency assistance to the most vulnerable, rural communities in the West Bank and Gaza.
III. Main Responsibilities:
- Drive and transport ACTED staff throughout the West Bank and Jerusalem including trips to Gaza (Erez) and the airport ensuring compliance with the traffic rules and regulations in Palestine and Jerusalem respectively, in addition to ACTED driving guidelines.
- Ensure a proper level of preparation before movement to the field that warrants safety and security.
- Safeguard transportation means adequate to movement plans
- Control and account for all equipment related to ACTED fleet, including but not limited to tool kits and first aid kit.
- Responsible for correctly and systematically filling transportation documents, including but notlimited to log book
- Accountable for the overall compliance with the fleet management procedures. Keep track of UNDSS and ACTED Security Advisory updates in order to avoid hot spots and ensure safe travels from origin to destination.
- Assist in purchase and deliver of office items or any other items requested by line management
- Deliver or collect any administrative documents as requested by line management
- Ensure proper visibility – as per ACTED standards – on the vehicles (whenever appropriate). Responsible for keeping appropriate standards throughout each car movement
- Communicate any security issues to Logistics Officer.
- Perform any other task required by managers
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 2 years driving experience with good references.
- Arabic mother tongue and good level of spoken English; knowledge of Hebrew is preferred.
- Available to undertake frequent travel to field locations in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem.
- Experience with International NGOs is preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanics is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines under pressure, and to complete work with high quality and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and capacity to work under pressure.
- Commitment towards principles and ethics of humanitarian aid, including compliance with ACTED standards and principles.
- Experience in adhering to security protocols and procedures.
- Available to work at weekends, after/before working hours when requested.
- Observe safe driving practises.
- Ability to drive in Jerusalem (Jerusalem ID holder).
- Residence in Ramallah or Kufr Akab.
- Valid driving license with a good driving record.
- Over 24 years old.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter, CV, and three references (in English) no later than 8th August, 2019 to: [email protected] ,indicating the position (Daily Driver) in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.