SOS Children’s Villages take action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Village Bethlehem seeks to recruit:
Position: Children’s Village Programme Accountant
Position summary: The accountant supports the SOS Children’s Village Programme Director in overseeing and controlling financial and administrative activities of all facilities in the location. He or she participates in planning and budgeting. He or she is responsible for preparing financial statements and providing periodic reports to the programme director and facility heads. In addition s/he liaises with the National Office Finance, controlling director and chief accountant for any technical assistance they may require in order to perform his/her duties more effectively.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing all accounting policies and procedures;
- Preparing payment vouchers, cheques and petty cash payments;
- Preparing periodic updates to the Children’s Village Program Director on plans and budgets, facility expenditures and other project requirements to initiate timely decision making;
- Providing facility heads with all the necessary financial information; approved budgets, monthly and quarterly financial statements;
- Participating in the budget making process of programme units and ensuring that plans and budgets are in line with the NA strategic plan.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
Competencies- knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Fast learner with ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently
- Fluency in English, good command of written and spoken English – Arabic
- Good knowledge of EXCEL
- Communication skills
- Social competence
- Willingness to make a long-term commitment
- Critical thinking
- Flexibility; honesty; resourcefulness
- Ability to learn and grow within the position
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by the 26th February, 2019
Stating in the subject line: CVP Accountant
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.