Computer Technology Program (CTP) Curriculum Development(CD) Consultant
Education to Work Transition Project
Quality Improvement Fund
Institution: Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies (GCCTS)
Project Title: Developing Knowledge and Skills of Computer Technology Program students to meet the Needs of Labor Market
Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies (GCCTS) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF)- Education to Work Transition Project/Additional Financing - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: "Developing Knowledge and Skills of Computer Technology Program Students to Meet the Needs of Labor Market". Accordingly, GCCTS seeks the selection and employment of Computer Technology Program (CTP) Curriculum Development(CD) Consultant to work on the development of the curriculum based on the needs assessment results and recommendations.
GCCTS is considering the selection of a professional and qualified Curriculum Development (CD)Consultant to be part of the consultation team, who will be responsible for reviewing and evaluating the current curriculum of Computer Technology Program, including course description and teaching methods, and designing the course outlines that need to be developed taking into consideration the Needs Assessment results and recommendations.. The CD consultant will be mainly required to develop the curricula and deliver appropriate theoretical and practical material for four-five courses in Computer Technology and Programming disciplines.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Bearing in mind the results and recommendations conducted by the Needs Assessment (NA) Consultant, the CD consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the recommendations made by the NA Consultant.
- Prepare a work plan according to the reviewed recommendations of the NA Consultant and the required deliverables.
- Review relevant/similar programs in Palestine and other regions to identify best practices and benchmark in CTP teaching, training and practice and then compare it with the current program and suggest concrete modifications.
- Review and update the curriculum, facilities, teaching methods, and library of resources (reference books, electronic tools, etc.),in addition to the Syllabus for each of the including outcomes, teaching strategy, evaluation method, references and contents.
- Prepare appropriate theoretical and practical training material in English for each course (such as: Lecture Handouts, Lecturing slides, Lab experiments manual).
- Development of appropriate students' performance evaluation tools including theoretical and practical exercises at the end module to ensure successful delivery of the required skills as determined by the labor market surveys.
- Suggest areas of interventions and needed actions to improve the course content, procedure, tasks, assessment schemes, and course outcomes.
- Redesign the selected courses outlines with full description.
- Writing regular professional reports to reflect the progress in curriculum.
- Modify the developed courses after being tested based on students’ and staff feedback.
- At least a Master degree in Computer Technology, electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Proven experience in conducting similar assignments in upgrading curriculum (two assignments as minimum)
- At least three years of experience in curriculum development or related fields (Experience in TEVT is preferable)
- Proficient knowledge in international and local standards in curriculum. development.
- Currently in touch with local market, and aware of its needs.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- A detailed work plan including the main activities of the process of developing the required curricula, to be submitted within one week after signing the contract
- Syllabus for five courses that includes, outcomes, evaluation method, teaching strategy, references, and contents.
- Curriculum mapping and upgraded curriculum for technology program.
- Eight hours training targeting departments’ faculty members to use the modified curriculum (including the practical training program, syllabus forms, course assignments, define competencies, etc.)
- An appropriate theoretical and practical training material in English for each course (such as: Lecture Handouts, Lecturing slides, Lab experiments manual).
- Professionally developed student evaluation tools that must accurately measure the level of student understanding of the material. These tools must include theoretical and practical exercises at the end of each chapter.
- Detailed conclusions and recommendations related to the necessary teaching methodologies and tools needed for the successful delivery of the objectives of each course.
- Final Comprehensive Report documenting the whole conducted activities including progress, issues of the curriculum development process results and recommendations.
Time Frame: The expected level of effort for the Curriculum Development Consultant is 50 work days from July 1st, 2018 to June 30, 2019
Start Date: 15/07/2018
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
Please submit your application to [email protected]
Note: The deadline to submit your applications: 10 July 2018, 3pm