Job Title Community Protection Approach (CPA) Officer
Country & Base of posting Gaza Strip, Occupied Palestinian Territory
Report to WeWorld – GVC Gaza Head of Base
Project name: Adolescents and Youth (AYs) for GREEN: Gaza Resilient Economy and Environment
Duration 12 months (3 months’ probation + 9 months), renewable
WeWorld-GVC (WW-GVC) is an Italian independent organization born from the merge between GVC NGO (founded in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld Foundation (founded in Milan in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of their development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Present in 27 countries with 160 projects, reaching over 7 million direct beneficiaries, WW-GVC has been working continuously in Palestine since 1992, acting both in humanitarian aid and development to provide Palestinian communities access to basic services and available natural resources; strengthen their protection and enhancing socio-economic and local development. At present, the main donors are Italy (AICS), the EU (DG ECHO), UNICEF, OCHA, and Belgium (DGD).
Joining the WeWorld-GVC team means being part of the development of a dynamic organisation where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.
We World GVC focuses strategically on these main sectors:
- Local Development and Governance
- Integrate Water Resource Management
- LRRD: Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development
- Integrated Protection
Gender mainstream, special attention to vulnerable categories, community-based approach and good governance are cross-cutting issues included in all We World GVC interventions.
WW-GVC is one of the implementing partners for the project titled " Adolescents and Youth (AYs) for GREEN: Gaza Resilient Economy and Environment’’’, funded by European Commission, which is implemented by Save the Children Italia Onlus (as project lead) with its affiliated entity Save the Children International oPt Country Office (SC), in partnership with the co-applicants WeWorld-GVC (WW-GVC), International Links and Services for local Development Agencies (ILS–LEDA) and Save Youth Future (SYFS).
In this Project, WW-GVC will implement the Community Protection Approach (CPA), which is a community engagement and empowerment instrument to design and monitor Integrated Protection Programs and provide operational tools to facilitate coherence, collaboration, and complementarity between different foreign and national aid instruments in order to find sustainable solutions to a given population’s needs and problems.
WeWorld-GVC is recruiting a CPA Officer who will work in coordination with the Gaza Data Analyst, Project Coordinator, CPA Specialist, National Research and Data Analysis Specialist, Gaza Head of Base. He/she will report to Gaza Head of Base and will be accountable to Gaza Head of Base – technical accountability under National CPA Specialist.
Tasks and Responsibilities
He/she will be responsible for:
- Compliance of CPA implementation in Gaza with WW-GVC CPA standard principles and procedures.
- Supervision and quality control of CPA implementation in Gaza.
- Coordinating technical aspects of CPA implementation in Gaza with National CPA Specialist, as well as Field Staff in Gaza.
- Mentoring and technically guiding the Field Staff in Gaza on CPA implementation on the ground.
- Under the technical guidance of National CPA Specialist, proposing, developing, and supporting the ongoing CPA strategy including community empowerment strategy in Gaza, as well as advising technically WW-GVC’s Staff in Gaza, including Project Coordinator and Head of Base.
- Support the National CPA Specialist in writing, updating, and adapting CPA related SOPs and documentation in compliance with CPA standards.
He/she will have these main tasks:
Technical monitoring and supervision of We World GVC CPA implementation in Gaza
- Ensure the most appropriate CPA contextualization process in Gaza and appropriate combination with RESCO methodology, in coordination with Gaza Data Analyst, under the technical guidance of National CPA Specialist and National Research and Data Analysis Specialist.
- Ensure the most appropriate CPA implementation methodology in project implemented in Gaza, including proper collection of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ensure all materials related to CPA activities in Gaza are safely stored and recorded in compliance with data protection and internal procedure in mission.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure the appropriate implementation of CPA in Gaza.
- Ensure the application of the We World GVC quality control and feedback mechanisms in Gaza, under the supervision of the National CPA Specialist.
- Maintain regular and proactive coordination with Project coordinator, Head of Base, and other related managing staff in Gaza to ensure alignment of implementation and results.
Research, development, and adaptation of CPA in Gaza
- Design a capacity building and mentoring plan for Gaza staff and ensure up-to-date engagement and coordination of the National CPA Specialist to trigger external resources and capacities.
- Provide trainings and support to Protection and Social Workers in defining and managing the CPA process, ensuring compliance with CPA global standards.
- Provide regular updates and inputs to National CPA Specialist for the purpose of collecting and documenting lessons learned related to CPA implementation.
- Working closely with the Gaza Data Analyst to ensure quality in implementation of the CPA Process, proper combination with RESCO methodology, and carry out analysis relevant to the CPA Programme in Gaza.
Reporting and representation
- Ensure the appropriate consultation of Project coordinator in all planning and provide proactive feedback on progresses.
- Provide regular planning and reporting, including regular feedback to Project coordinator, the National CPA Specialist and Head of Base regarding lessons learned.
- Coordinate for CPA outputs such as protection analysis, other reporting needs including advocacy tools in relation to the Gaza context, involving relevant staff members from the mission.
- Deliver high quality results in line with WeWorld-GVC strategy to do this in a way which maintains the reputation of the organization into all coordination and other working groups.
- Comply with WeWorld-GVC policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Perform any other relevant tasks/missions within reason that might be assigned by the Project coordinator and/or the National CPA Specialist.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- University degree in social science, sociology, anthropology, or similar subject
- Good knowledge in computer applications, including MS office pack in particular Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Palestinian context and proven experience and competence in local economic development, community empowerment or social business development.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Valid and clean driving license
- At least 2 years of previous experience in the humanitarian sector and community mobilization.
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills (with local authorities and communities).
- Flexible and with the ability to adjust to changes and new requirements.
- Willingness to learn and to travel.
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and cover urgent requirements.
- Passionate in the job flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in team with respect and impartiality.
- Strong commitment to the Mission of We World GVC, genuine interest for international cooperation development topics.
- Integrity with regards to NGO values and ethical standards.
- Cultural, gender, religion, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Previous experience in community empowerment and/or participatory approaches will be strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience with international NGOs is an asset.
- Previous experience in development and economic resilience projects is an asset.
[email protected] no later than 6th March 2021