Job Title: Coordination/Logistics and Warehouse Associate
Type of Contract: National Service Personnel Agreement
Duty Station: Gaza
Duration of Contract: 12 months with possibility to extend based on fund availability and performance
Closing Date: Apply before 11:59 pm 7 March 2022
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations. UNDP Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978 to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end.
Due to the blockade and restriction of access to people and commodities and the recurrent hostilities affecting the Gaza Strip since 2007, the overall socioeconomic conditions there have deteriorated. The negative impact has been compounded by the COVID-19 pandemic and political instability that further undermined Gaza’s development aspirations. Based on the Israeli cabinet decision to ease the blockade on the Gaza Strip in 2010, the international organizations were allowed to access the construction materials and equipment needed for the projects they manage in the Gaza Strip. Accordingly, UNDP/PAPP has established the Access Coordination and Monitoring Support Project and set up the needed systems and standard operating procedures to safely facilitate the entry of materials and equipment. UNDP/PAPP has rented a warehouse in the Gaza Industrial Estate to serve as a junction point in the cycle of materials-delivery from entry point to the respective points of destination where the nature and quantities of commodities are properly documented.
UNDP/PAPP is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Coordination/Logistics and Warehouse Associate, to assist the project manager of the Access Monitoring and Coordination Support Project (ACMSP), in safely requesting and handling the accessed materials and equipment to their destination with proper documentation. The incumbent will work under the guidance of the Assistant Special Representative of program in Gaza Office and the direct supervision of the Project Manager in the Gaza Office for an expected duration of 12 months.
S/he will be handling the different access coordination processes on daily basis in full collaboration with the site engineer and logistics team. S/he will be responsible for coordinating with the different contractors and suppliers to have successful access coordination processes. S/he will carry out the assigned dutiesin close collaboration with the access project team to prepare coordination documents, needed reports as well as the pending and approved lists of materials S/he will be responsible for carrying out the different project’s financial transactions and keeping up all data and videos developed to properly document the different coordination and distribution of accessed materials/equipment
Duties and Responsibilities
- a) Provide support to the Project Manager in the overall management of the UNDP stores at the Gaza Industrial Estate.
- b) Coordinate for the approved planned materials and equipment.
- c) Undertake safekeeping of the projects’ data including quantities, photos, videos, reports etc. for easy reference.
- d) Undertake any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
The Coordination/Logistics and Warehouse Associate will undertake the following:
- Provide support to the Project Manager in the overall management of the UNDP stores at the Gaza Industrial Estate.
- Assist in preparing donor reports, Israeli Coordination and Liaison Administration (CLA) monthly reports, reports on the received and issued material from the store.
- Prepare financial reports, and expenditure report.
- Follow up and update the lists of CLA pending and approved applications.
- Update the coordination data base and materials database.
- Ensure that the store is clean and organized on continuous basis.
- Attend the loading and offloading of materials at the store and ensure the proper handling of these materials and equipment.
- Assist in controlling incoming materials by physical counts, weight checks, and assist in making periodic physical inventory checks.
- Assist in preparing adequate quality reporting in a timely manner and ensure that internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records of materials are maintained.
- Coordinate for the approved planned materials and equipment.
- Follow up with the different contractors and suppliers to receive the required necessary information and supporting documents for coordination.
- Follow up with the logistics team as well as projects’ focal points on the status, on handling and transporting requested materials/equipment from and to the projects’ site and factories and/or to/from UNDP warehouse.
- Ensure logistics team adherence to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and processes as well as the availability of the required handling equipment to facilitate safe storage of commodities/equipment.
- Follow up with the project logistics team at warehouse and sites to properly document the quantity and quality of the accessed materials.
- Coordinate with the project’s site engineer for planning the different requests to access and distribute construction materials and equipment.
- Gather information from contractors to facilitate the coordination for the commodities/equipment timely crossing of borders.
- Prepare documents needed to facilitate the entry of materials through borders.
- Communicate with the operation and security focal point to facilitate the movement of the access team with the commodities/equipment to its destination.
- Undertake safekeeping of the projects’ data including quantities, photos, videos, reports etc. for easy reference
- Verify and archive supporting documents of all shipments digitally and in hard copies.
- Register and document the equipment and materials movement and update “Materials Database with all materials transactions received or issued from borders and/or UNDP warehouse to projects sites or factories” including entering and leaving the store. All hard copies documenting the movement of the materials and equipment will be handed to the Project Manager on daily basis.
- Collect photos and videos documenting the different access coordination processes.
- Prepare, update, and properly archive log sheets related to accessed materials to and from the warehouse.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Institutional Arrangement :
The incumbent undertakes the duties under the guidance of the Assistant Special Representative and the direct supervision of the Project Manager in the Gaza Office
Achieve Results: LEVEL 2: Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 2: Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 2: Go outside comfortzone, learn from others and support their learning
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 2: Adapt processes/approachesto new situations, involve others in change process
Act with Determination: LEVEL 2: Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 2: Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 2: Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making.
People Management The Coordination/Logistics and Warehouse Associate supervises 4 individual consultants. UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Direction and Strategy
Effective Decision Making: Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Knowledge Generation : Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
Integration within the UN : Ability to identity, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations
Working with Evidence and Data : Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Communication : Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience and ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
Financial reporting and analysis : Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring. Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance.
Relationship Management : Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or B.A in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Accounting or other related fields.
- High School Diploma with six years or BA Degree with three years of relevant experience in coordination and warehouse management.
Fluency in both English and Arabic languages both spoken and written.
Good knowledge of Hebrew is an asset
المسمى الوظيفي Coordination/Logistics and Warehouse Associate
آخر موعد للتقديم 07 - Mar - 2022
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, العمل...
Project Engineer 5
رام الله والبيرة
Human Rights Officer
رام الله والبيرة, الخليل
رام الله والبيرة
Access Project Manager