InformEd International has been engaged by Right to Play to conduct a baseline study for its EQIE Project. InformEd is seeking a country coordinator to manage and quality assure the data collection processes among 40 primary schools in the West Bank.
The EQIE project is a five-year initiative implemented by Right to Play in five countries including Ethiopia, Lebanon, Mozambique, Palestine, and Tanzania, targeting children in 176 schools (78 of which are located in the West Bank). The project aims to improve learning outcomes for girls and boys, specifically minimum proficiency level in reading and increased life skills in lower primary grades 1-4; and an increase in enrolment and retention of out-of-school girls and children with a disability. The baseline study seeks to:
- Assist Right To Play in strengthening and finalizing the EQIE M&E framework as a foundation for effective implementation and measurement of program outcomes.
- Design and conduct a baseline study with a methodology and measurement tools that are gender-sensitive and inclusive in order to highlight the needs of all participants.
- Provide insights on the status of learning outcomes, classroom dynamics, and school retention in programming areas to set achievable targets against program outcomes.
The purpose of the consultancy is to recruit and train enumerators as well as manage data collection for the EQIE baseline assessment on behalf of InformEd International. The consultant will work closely with InformEd International staff to achieve the following objectives:
- An effective team of enumerators is recruited and trained
- Data collection is effectively managed across the 40 school sites
- The quality of collected data meets validity and reliability standards
- InformEd International is well represented to key local stakeholders including Right to Play and schools
3. Scope of Work
The consultant will work with the InformEd International and local stakeholders (RTP and schools) to complete the following tasks:
- Liaise with InformEd International to understand the requirements of the baseline data collection and to be trained up in the data collection tools and methodology.
- Support the review of the data collection tools and manage the contextualisation and translation of the tools into local language.
- Ensure all necessary preparations for data collection, including readying data collection devises with tools and ensuring their proper functioning. The consultant will also liaise with the local RTP office for all logistics.
- Recruit enumerators and team leaders skilled to undertake a learning outcomes focused data collection
- Train enumerators and team leaders in the data collection tools and procedures. Ensure team leaders understand their additional responsibilities for the data collection.
- Supervise the data collection, liaising closely with team leaders, ensuring the quality of collected data and the full completion of data collection requirements in accordance with the baseline study design.
- Manage team leaders, ensuring progress and quality milestones are achieved.
- Throughout data collection ensure child safeguarding, ethical standards, and COVID-19 precautions are upheld by all enumerators.
- During data collection, provide updates to InformEd International on a daily basis
- Provide support to InformEd International during data cleaning and analysis to clarify any questions had about the data.
- Use the analysed data to conduct a one-day validation workshop with RTP staff and its selected partners. Provide a short report to InformEd International on the results of the data validation workshop.
4. Deliverables and Timetable Deliverables:
The following deliverables are expected from the consultant:
- a) Translated/Contextualised Data Collection Tools: InformEd International will provide the consultant with all data collection tools in English. The consultant will review these tools, using local knowledge and piloting of the tools to contextualise where necessary. The consultant will also manage a local translator to translate the tools into local language.
- b) Enumerator Training Workshop: Using the training package developed by InformEd International, conduct a 5-6 day training with enumerators, ensuring all enumerators become competent with the tools and the expected procedures for data collection. Liaise with the Lebanon-based Senior Consultant to analyse data from pilot the tools (during the enumerator training), making corrections to assessment procedures and tools as needed.
- c) Collected Data: A complete and quality dataset from 20 intervention schools and 20 comparison schools is collected and data uploaded to the cloud.
- d) Data Validation Workshop Report: Write up a short report of the findings and feedback from local stakeholders on the baseline data.
The consultancy is will have the four phases and the expected allocation of days as follows:
1: Inception Activities
Be trained and become knowledgeable of the data collection tools and methodology. Based on local knowledge, make recommendations for contextualisation of the tools and data collection plan.
2: Prepare for data collection
Recruit enumerators, contextualise enumerator training package, manage translation of tools and training package, and coordinate with RTP on logistics for data collection.
3: Training and data collection
Train enumerators. Manage data collection. Liaise with InformEd throughout data collection
4: Data cleaning and validation
Support InformEd International with any requests during the data cleaning and data analysis process. Conduct a one-day data validation workshop and write up a workshop report. Provide any additional clarifications required for the country report.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field required, master’s degree preferred
- Experience conducting/managing quantitative assessments required, qualitative preferred
- Experience conducting learning outcome assessments in schools required. Experience with EGRA and ISELA preferred.
- Experience managing and using digital data collection methods required, familiarity with KoBo preferred
- Experience facilitating training of enumerators
- Demonstrated capability to manage a large team of enumerators spread over multiple sites
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to travel to remote / rural areas
- Fluent in Arabic and high level of proficiency in English
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest to [email protected] by 25th August. Please include a resume, a cover letter, and a daily rate in the expression of interest.