Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant to develop an M&E system for QADER for Community Development
Title: Three Months
QADER for Community Development (hereinafter QADER) is a Palestinian non-governmental, not-for-profit, and independent organization dedicated to promoting better well-being of persons with disabilities in Palestine. Since its founding in 2008, QADER has assumed its functional responsibility thereinafter addressing the disability issue from a human rights perspective, and demonstrated a rights’ based approach in tackling the various issues of persons with disabilities. Within the framework of its current vision, QADER aspires that "all persons with disabilities enjoy full citizenship and are able to participate in the building of a prosperous Palestinian society." Our mission is to "develop advanced social models that promote the inclusion and resilience of persons with disabilities within the Palestinian society and in accordance with national laws, as well as international standards and conventions." QADER’s leadership, decisions, policies, operations and human resources are governed by a range of values, including equality, social justice, professionalism, commitment, integrity (transparency, accountability) and participation.
In 2017, QADER updated its strategic plan for the years 2018-2022 to focus on 1) strengthening the commitment of official Palestinian institutions to the realization of the rights of persons with disabilities, 2) promoting community practices supporting the inclusion of persons with disabilities within the society, 3) improving the performance of civil society organizations and local government units to respond to the rights and needs of persons with disabilities, as well as 4) enhancing QADER’s performance towards achieving its vision and mission.
QADER has receive a grant from GIZ aiming to promote the role of Palestinian civil society to become an effective force in the protection and monitoring of human rights in line with international human rights standards, conventions, and instruments. Its specific objectives are to enhance public awareness on the rights, including persons with disability and their families on the rights of PwD. In addition to Enhancing the role and commitment of CSOs/ DPOs in UNCRPD implementation and monitoring.
Within this project, QADER intends to develop its M&E system as one intervention within the organizational capacity development plan for QADER. For this, QADER is willing to contract a qualified M&E consultant to develop the M&E system as per the details below.
QADER is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified M&E expert consultant to create a strong M&E System for the organization based on its current strategy for the years 2018 – 2022.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
In close participation and coordination with QADER’s management and program management team, the Consultant will be responsible for developing the M&E system to include the following:
- Review QADER’s strategic plan for the years 2018-2022
- Articulate the objective of the system and stakeholders involved.
- Develop the M&E matrix that details the indicator, its definition, baseline value, targeting, source of data collection, method of data collection, responsibility of data collection and frequency of data collection.
- Develop M&E plan tracking targets for each indicator throughout 2018-2022.
- Prepare data collection tools and reporting formats.
- Develop excel files to track indicators.
- Conduct 5 days coaching for QADER’s relevant staff (M&E Officer and Program team) on the implementation of the M&E system. This shall include coaching on data collection, analysis, reporting, etc.
The M&E consultant should also coordinate the implementation of the overall M&E system with QADER staff and support them in the analysis.
- Developed M&E system including the objectives, stakeholders involved, M&E matrix and plan, data collection tools and reporting formats.
- Excel files to track indicators.
Essential Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Development, Social sciences, or other relevant studies.
- Minimum six years of relevant experience at the national or international level in developing and implementing results-based monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Proven experience in conducted similar assignments.
- Five years of experience working in the field of development, experience in the disability, advocacy and human rights is deemed essential.
- A proven record of providing training and on the job coaching for civil society organizations;
- Good communication and writing skills in both Arabic and English Languages.
- Good understanding and practice of capacity development for NGOs.
Interested Offerors can obtain the RFP Solicitation Document from QADER for Community Development through sending a request by email to:
Deadline for submitting proposals: 14:00 PM, Monday 23/07/2018