Under the framework of the project, AOWA is seeking to contract an experienced individual consultant to conduct a gender analysis based on the outcome of 8 community workshop sessions covering the political participation, prospects and challenges of the participation of young men and women in the local elections, and the role of political parties and civil society in supporting women and youth inclusion, knowing that these sessions will be led by young men and women.
The gender analytical study will be based on the results and outcomes of 8 workshops that is expected to be conducted in eight communities in the West Bank. Through these sessions, it is expected that the researcher will use qualitative research tools that will support the process of identifying and documenting social norms and gaps that hinder women and young women inclusive participation in political processes.
For those who are interested, kindly download the following: Tender Document
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Education, Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in social sciences fields, preferably the field of development and gender studies.
- At least 5-7 years of progressively responsible professional experience in gender equality, women’s empowerment, women
- Experience in conducting studies and assessments in the field of gender equality and the empowerment of women and young people
- Understanding of national and international policy and legal frameworks on gender equality, women's rights, and women’s access to decision-making positions, including understanding of social, cultural, and political context of Palestine
- Proven experience in applying human rights-based-approach (HRBA) in researches (samples will be requested).
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Arabic and English are required;
Interested individuals are required to prepare and submit the following:
A Technical proposal including context, methodology and approach, and comprehensive work plan including the proposed timeframe and number of days for each task
CV of the researcher and SAMPLE OF SIMILAR WORK
Financial offer: budget breakdown of the proposed costs in USD including VAT and all administrative costs
Interested individual are requested to send the above package to [email protected], with the subject line: “Research Study: Local Elections”. Deadline to receive the full application is: Thursday, November 25th 2021.