Individual Consultant- Irrigation and wastewater reuse expert
HWE House of Water and Environment (HWE) is implementing a project entitled “Solar energy for wastewater management and irrigation in Jenin district”. This project is part of the IKI Small Grants programme carried out by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Project No. 81285330.
The project starts in June 2022 and ends in February 2023.
The project aims to provides solar panels to Jenin wastewater treatment plant and support the farmers of WUA to rehabilitate their irrigated farms using treated wastewater/Jenin WTTP for the benefit of Jenin Municipality and Marj ibn Amer Water User Association (WUA).
HWE invites qualified expert to submit his/her CV to below mentioned address.
Scope of Work:
- Conduct a need assessment for irrigation system of the existing irrigation system.
- Supervise the reuse project and the rehabilitation work of the irrigation system in cooperation with WUA and Farmers.
- Conduct a capacity building program targeting WUA and farmers including:
- Need Assessment;
- Design and conduct a theoretical and practical training program for farmers in Jenin, as follows: two farmer groups, each group 4 training days.
- Regular Reporting to Project management.
- Support the project management in irrigation and wastewater reuse and related field.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- MSc. in field of wastewater management and treated wastewater reuse, irrigation, agriculture engineering or a related discipline.
- At least 10 years professional experience in the field of treated wastewater reuse in agriculture and related fields.
- Competent knowledge and expertise in climate change.
- Experience in design, operation and maintenance of irrigation systems.
- At least 5 year’s experience in capacity programs in treated wastewater reuse in agriculture and other related fields.
- Experience in working with national NGOs, agricultural associations, ministries and municipalities.
- Strong managerial, Excellent communication, consultation and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English
Interested applicants should send their CVs with a cover letter to
E-mail: [email protected]
Please indicate in the email subject: Irrigation and wastewater reuse expert
The deadline for submission is 22 June, 2022