REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY
Terms of Reference
End of Project Evaluation
ActionAid Palestine has implemented a 12-month project titled “Refugee children in Gaza affected by war and conflict” ActionAid Palestine, in partnership with MAAN Development Centre and Culture and Free Thought Association (CFTA). The project aims to mitigate the child protection threats that undermine the safety and security of refugee children in the southern areas of the Gaza Strip, mainly Khan Younis and Rafah.
ActionAid is seeking to contract an expert/consultant/firm in the field of Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning to conduct an End of Project Evaluation for the aforementioned project.
Purpose of the Evaluation and Objectives
The rationale for this Evaluation is to independently examine the key project’s components and their contributions to mitigating the psychosocial distress and Trauma for refugee children suffering from violence in the Southern governorates of the Gaza Strip.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The evaluation shall be conducted between August 1st - August 15th, 2021. Specific level of effort for the consultant will be based on the agreed workplan that will be finalized with the contract.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT
Demonstrated experience in development programmes evaluations, including selecting methodology appropriate for the project’s-specific factors, sampling, applying a mixed methods approach, developing/revising participatory data collection tools, developing data quality protocols and training enumerators.
Demonstrated 7 years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
Knowledge and experience with Community based structures/groups and their role in community development and protection.
Knowledge and experience developing and/or using participatory evaluation tools
Strong understanding of the socio-economic context of Gaza, more specifically the Southern governorate in relation to women and children protection.
Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory
Consultant/ End of Project Evaluation
آخر موعد للتقديم
18 - Jul - 2021
Consultants/firms that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should Consultants/firms that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
- Cover letter including the consultant’s/firm’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
- Curriculum Vitae of lead consultant/s with relevant consultancy experience in MEAL – please make a reference to other consultancy assignments in the same field. This is applicable for both individuals and firms.
- At least 2 recommendation letters from former clients that testify the applicant/s experience and performance in conducting projects reviews/evaluations.
- Include 1-2 samples of previous evaluation work
- Technical offer; respond to the call for consultancy TOR, with specific focus addressing the purpose and objectives of the assignment, methodology to be used and key selection criteria.
- Financial offer; detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates in USD and initial work plan.
- Initial draft of the proposed work plan
Prerequisites for accepting Consultants/firms Financial offer:
- Prices are inclusive of value added tax for establishments officially registered with the Ministry of Finance; while for individuals and non-profit institutions, the offered prices will be subject to a 5% deduction for income tax.
- The Consultancy firms have to provide a valid deduct from source certificate along with the offer.
- Prices must be in US Dollars valid for 30 days from the closing date of proposal submission.
- Prices must include all expenses related to this consultancy e.g. travel, stationary, per diems…etc
All offers must be delivered no later than Sunday, July 18th, 2021, at 14:00 pm to [email protected]
ActionAid Palestine is keen to provide equal opportunities for all. The consultants will be selected according to the above qualifications, and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicant can obtain the End of Project Evaluation Term of Reference by sending an e mail to Samah Kassab at [email protected] from 12th-14th of July 2021 from 9am to 3pm.