REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY
PALESTINIAN YOUTH NATIONAL NETWORK
ActionAid Palestine is currently implementing the programme titled, “Civic and Democratic participation for Palestinian youth (CIV)”. The overall objective of the program is that “Palestinian youth, particularly young women, influenced democratic decision-making spaces to realize their rights, including the right to self-determination, in line with International Humanitarian Law/International Human Rights Law (SDG 5.5 and 16.7)”.
At this stage and to sustain momentum, the programme envisages to establish a Palestinian Youth National Network to ensure that young people are connected for years to come and that their unified vision/visions for change continue to be present and able to expand to new generations of youth who are longing for the emergence of new leadership that meets their hopes and aspiration and can represent their views at different forums.
ActionAid Palestine is requesting qualified consulting firms/individuals with relevant expertise in building youth national networks. Consultancy aims to facilitate a participatory process with young activists to establish a Palestinian Youth National Network.
PURPOSE OF THE PALESTINIAN YOUTH NATIONAL NETWORK
Palestinian Youth National Network (PYNN) should provide young people with mechanisms and tools to enhance young people’s participation and engagement in serving their communities and should give them the ability to engage in local governance and represent the needs and future aspirations of young people in order to create a balance between local needs and youth national interests. The PYNN will also try to be a channel that connect existing, effective and legitimate young activists with officials and public institutions that will enhance young people’s participation and independency at various levels which will support our vision for a democratic and independent youth national network. As well as providing young people with continuing political and policy visions that respond to political developments and national challenges.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment shall be conducted between 15th of August to 30th of September 2021. Specific level of effort for the consultant will be based on the agreed workplan that will be finalized with the contract. Consultant to undertake total of 15 working days.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT/FIRM
- Demonstrated 7 years’ experience in youth development, policy and strategy development and organizational development.
- Extensive experience in working with youth networks, youth organizations and/or youth groups.
- Proven ability in youth programmes development in Palestine.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, both oral and written
- In depth knowledge and experience in using participatory approaches and methods.
- Proven ability to organize and facilitate events with big number of people.
Consultants/firms that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
- Cover letter including the consultant’s/firm’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information, include 1-2 samples of previous similar work.
- Technical offer: detailed response to TORs, with specific focus addressing the purpose and objectives of the assignment, methodology to be used and key selection criteria (max. 5 pages).
- Financial offer: detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates and initial work plan.
PREREQUISITES FOR ACCEPTING FINANCIAL OFFERS
- Prices are inclusive of value added tax for establishments officially registered with the Ministry of Finance; while for individuals and non-profit institutions, the offered prices will be subject to a 5% deduction for income tax.
- Official registered applicants must submit a valid deduction from source certificate along with the offer.
- Prices are to be submitted in USD and are valid for 30 days starting from the applications’ closing date.
- The quotation must be detailed and based on the work mechanism proposed by the consultant.
- The quotation Opening Committee is not bound by the lowest prices.
All offers must be submitted in closed and sealed envelopes no later than Tuesday, August 10th, 2021, to ActionAid Palestine office in As Salam St., Hebron.
ActionAid Palestine is keen to provide equal opportunities for all. The consultants will be selected according to the above qualifications, and only awarded applicant will be contacted.
Interested applicant can obtain the PYNN Term of Reference by contacting the Programme Coordinator on 0598988665 or send an e-mail at [email protected] from Saturday-Thursday excluding Sunday between 9:00-15:00. Please indicated this in the mail subject [CIV-PYNN 2021].
ActionAid offers equal opportunities for all. ActionAid Palestine is committed to SHEA (Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse) and safeguarding overarching principles.