Location Ramallah, West Bank
Position Status Full-time, Regular
Salary Level: (4D)
Duration of Assignment: One year – Extendable
Department: Programs – PYE Under USAID
Closing Date: 25-April-2022
Application: Compliance Officer Application
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action—helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Palestine, Mercy Corps has been working hand-in-hand with local communities and partners since the 1980s and has staff in three offices based in East Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza. Mercy Corps' work aims to increase the capacity of Palestinian civil society to promote inclusive social and economic development, long-term recovery, and respond to humanitarian needs.
General Position Summary
Under the supervision of the Finance & Compliance Manager, the Compliance Officer will ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations of Mercy Corps and the sub grantees’ activities. The Compliance Officer is also responsible for compliance-related donor and internal reporting requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide compliance review of procurement and financial transactions, contracts, and grants.
- Maintain reporting and compliance tracking files – soft and paper copies. This includes the monthly sub-award reports for Mercy Corps, review and consolidation of partner sub-award reports and tracking of vetting requirements resulting from the consolidated sub-awards, and the maintenance of the vetting and sub-award database.
- Lead the vetting process for all …. This includes acting as a communication focal point with program managers, sub-grantees, and the donor and providing timely and accurate reports on the status of vetting requests.
- Assist with subgrantee pre-award assessments.
- Review and prepare PIFs for submission to USAID.
- Assist in subgrantee site reviews, prepare visit reports and follow up on all subgrant compliance issues.
- Assist in subgrant close-outs.
- Ensure all staff are fully aware of donor and internal compliance regulations and requirements.
- Train Compliance Assistants and provide ongoing coaching to all staff.
- Build Capacity of sub-grantees staff on compliance-related matters, especially USAID specific rules and regulations.
- Work with the Human Resources Department to develop appropriate introductory training for new employees.
- Stay abreast of changes in applicable donor policies and ensure changes are implemented as required.
- Participate in coordination and planning meetings, as required, and provide relevant input for the development of program plans and reports.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Grants & Compliance Assistant.
Reports Directly To: Finance & Compliance Manager
Works Directly With: Mercy Corps Program Department, especially the PYE Team, Procurement Department, Finance Department and Sub grantees.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Four or more years of experience, preferably in the non-governmental sector, in finance & compliance, administration or project management related fields.
- A degree in finance, accounting or a related business field is required.
- Excellent understanding of USAID rules and regulations
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- A good understanding of generally acceptable financial and procurement systems and procedures
- Prior management experience in a related field
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program priorities is necessary.
- A high professional standard of ethics, as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures, is essential.
- The ability to effectively monitor subgrantee compliance as well as to provide support and training for subgrantee personnel is critical.
- Attention to detail and ability to process and analyze data from multiple sources.
- High level of organizational and coordination skills.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants, or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary-General and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct eLearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
المسمى الوظيفي Compliance Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 25 - Apr - 2022
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
التصنيف المحاسبة والعلوم المالية
Qualified persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
This is a readvertisement,
Interested candidates who did not submit their CV’s earlier, are highly encouraged to apply.
Please fill this online application HERE no later than Monday, 25 April 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Mercy Corps - مؤسسة ميرسي كور
رام الله والبيرة
Human Resource Manager
رام الله والبيرة
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة, الخلي...
GDI (Gender, Diversity and Inclusion) Research Assistant
AWS re/Start Instructor- GSG