The Opportunity – Compliance and Reporting Senior Officer
Post location: oPt Country Office - Ramallah
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 12 months (renewable pending fund availability)
This position is responsible to ensure timely financial monitoring and reporting for AICS projects aimed at improving access to basic services and to protection of vulnerable children and other population groups in the West Bank and East Jerusalem and EU DEVCO project aimed at supporting and strengthening resilience in the Gaza strip.
The projects are co-financed by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation and the European Commission in Jerusalem and is implemented by Save the Children Italy in partnership with Save the Children oPt and their partners.
This position is responsible for the financial monitoring of the activities planned and implemented by local partners (Aisha and PCC) under AICS and international partners (WW-GVC and ILS Leda) under EU DEVCO (the responsibility of local partners’ financial monitoring will be with the Gaza FO Finance Team). This position is also responsible for preparing all the documentation to be provided to the donor and related to reporting. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all project-related reports are accurate and delivered to the donor within the established deadlines.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the position holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of Support Services with dotted line to the AICS and EU Project Manager and SC Italy Grant Management.
Staff reporting to this post: no direct reports
Budget Responsibilities: None.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Review Partners’ financial reports, provide on-site technical assistance, pay regular visits to partners, make sure that the amounts recorded in our partners’ financial reports are reflected in their books as expenditures on that sub-grant and they match to Agresso Systems amount.
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring proper monitoring of the projects’ financial indicators and raise alerts on potential issues and expenditure variances as required.
- To liaise with Save the Children oPt financial, administrative, program and procurement departments in order to ensure that project related expenditures are made as planned.
- To ensure proper financial monitoring of project activities implemented by local and international partners.
- To work in cooperation with the finance, administrative and procurement departments of Save the Children oPt and with the projects’ partners in order to ensure thorough understanding of and compliance with donors’ requirements and procedures.
- To liaise with Save the Children Italy Grant Management team and with Save the Children oPt on all the financial and reporting issues related to the two projects.
- To support and facilitate Save the Children Italy Grant Management team in the preparation of each budget modification and project amendments if needed.
- To prepare and scan all the documentation to be provided to donors to ensure accurate donor reporting.
- To liaise with local and international partners and ensure that their financial reports and relevant supporting documents are accurate and drafted on time. In addition, to ensure we receive a hard and electronic copy of the partners’ supporting documents as needed.
- To be responsible for preparing the consolidated financial projects’ reports according to the requirements of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and EU DEVCO and projects’ forecasts according to SCI and donors (AICS/EU) requirements.
- To liaise with Save the Children oPt financial, administrative, program and procurement departments for any input or support needed in order to ensure donor and internal reporting are completed on time.
- To be very collaborative with all other members of the team of Save the Children oPt and Save the Children Italy.
- Ready to work to respond to any natural disaster or emergency situation anywhere in oPt.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- University degree in accounting or finance or related subject.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 4+ years of experience in grant management, budgeting and reporting.
- Very good knowledge of reporting requirements of major institutional donors (e.g. Italian MoFA, AICS, EC, ECHO).
- Previous experience in managing projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is considered a strong asset.
- Highly computer literate and confident with Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, Excel and the Internet; and an interest in appropriate use of current information and communications technologies.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Working experience in Developing Countries would be preferable.
- Very good communication skills in order to communicate with a range of organisations/individuals, partner NGOs, institutional donors, and a wide range of staff across the organisation.
- Ability to demonstrate personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to respect and relate to people internal/external.
- Ability to prioritise demands without losing focus.
- Ability to travel to all programme sites in oPt including Jerusalem and Gaza. We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at SCI Career Site Careers (oraclecloud.com)
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.