MEDICOS DEL MUNDO – SPAIN
Needs to fill the position of a
COMMUNITY WORKER in WEST BANK
Job Title: Community Worker
Job Location: Jericho – West Bank
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Starting Date: ASAP
Deadline: October 15, 2017
Médicos del Mundo-Spain (MdM-S), is an international humanitarian organization, working to make effective the Universal Right to Health. MdM is a non-profitable, non-governmental, non-political and non-confessional organization operating under the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence.
The purpose of MdM-S is to provide access to health care services, assist in the health needs of the most vulnerable population, denounce the violations of human rights, promote social mobilization and advocate for social and political changes.
MdM-S has been working in the oPt since 2006. Its work has been mainly focused on Mental Health and Psychosocial support (MHPSS) and Primary Healthcare. In the West Bank, MdM-S is currently providing psychosocial protection to the vulnerable population suffering the impact of the political violence due to the occupation. This intervention is mainly focused on children and women of the Bedouin communities affected or at risk to be affected by demolitions, confiscations or displacement in the E1 sector of East Jerusalem and in communities in Area C of the Jordan Valley.
The objective of this position is to implement psychosocial support activities and to report incidents in the target communities of Jericho and Jerusalem Governorates, (West Bank) based on MdM-S methodology and under the supervision of the Psychosocial Coordinator/Project Manager/Mental Health Advisor.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
West Bank. The position will be based in Jericho City, with frequent visits to E1 Area and Jordan Valley communities.
The selected candidate will be part of the project team and will report to the Psychosocial Coordinator and the Project Manager. His/her performance will be under the supervision of the Mental Health Advisor.
- Support the Psychosocial Coordinator in the definition of the project standards.
- Support and follow up the implementation of MdM-S PSS intervention in the targeted areas.
- Collect data from the communities and gather inputs for rolling out standards, methods and tools.
- Ensure that MdM-S PSS Tools and Procedures are implemented and updated.
- Support in the revision of the PSS procedures and the development of new procedures as required by the Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health Advisor.
- Participate in the referral system by referring cases to appropriate structures.
- Support the Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health Advisor on PSS programming and drawing up new project proposals.
- Support in the identification of PSS advocacy issues.
- Collect relevant information and collaborate in the Advocacy report elaboration.
- Implementation and regularly update of the project intervention database(s).
- Contribute in the preparation of projects activities and annual budgets.
Developing PSS Standards and Tools
- Gather input for program development and monitoring, rolling out standards, methods and tools.
- Define and contribute to the improvement of shared PSS programming standards.
- Ensure that MDM-S standards and tools for the implementation of PSS programs are developed and remain updated based on MDM-S programming practice and international standards.
- Implement MDM-S quality standards and PSS minimum standards.
- Stimulate and monitor PSS programming.
Developing and Implementing Training
- Design and provide briefings, ToT and tailored trainings where needed for program staff, partners, relevant stakeholders and volunteers.
- Design of training, M&E and data collection tools for the training implementation.
- Check, support and follow up the training workshop by using observations and interviews to verify that learning objectives were met.
- Plan, implement and evaluate training courses on MdM-S PSS methodology, which involves creative tools such as games, fine art, art-therapy, music-therapy, audio-visuals, group discussion, demonstrations, and practice sessions with feedback and role play.
- Ensure that all training requirements are met as outlined by MdM-S training of trainers (ToT) guidelines.
- Provide recommendations to the PM when necessary on recruitment of potential facilitators.
- Develop training reports and progress report per trainee.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to program staff in the field of PSS.
- Provide recommendations to the Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health Advisor when necessary on recruitment of potential facilitators and volunteers.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools in coordination with the PSS/protection experts and provide the necessary information to assess the program quality.
- Assist in analysing the data collected and reports both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Ensure the use of MdM-S tools and formats
- Design, under the supervision of the Psychosocial Coordinator, the monitoring and evaluation tools for the implementation of the project.
- To be able to monitor and evaluate social activities.
- Provide the necessary information to his/her supervisor to assess the program implementation.
- Assist in analysing the data collected and reports both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Record and report the violation of the target population´s human rights in the OCHA System.
- Report to the UN clusters System with the necessary data
- Write the minutes of any internal or external meeting attended and send them to the Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health Advisor.
- Write monthly follow up reports to the Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health Advisor on the targeted communities’ situation.
- Collect information for the advocacy the advocacy line of the organization.
- Inform the Psychosocial Coordinator on the material needs for the implementation of the activities.
- Perform additional duties on request of the PM/Psychosocial Coordinator/Mental Health Advisor.
- Translate verbally and written from Arabic to English and from English to Arabic when necessary.
- Represent MdM-S in networks/clusters focused on PSS theme upon request of his/her supervisor.
- To attend MdM-S team meetings and to give qualitative input.
- To prepare, if necessary, emergency plans with the MdM-S team.
- To respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries.
- Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo.
- To respect each team member’s position and hierarchical links.
- To work as part of a team and participate in different activities.
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating in capacity building activities.
- Ability to accept feedbacks and willingness to improve own capacities.
- Contribute to generate a positive work environment.
- To report any breach of the MdM-S Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor degree in Psychology or Social Work (Advanced degree in Mental Health will be an asset).
- Knowledge of current principles and practices of Protection response in (post) conflict areas.
- Understanding of PSS (programming) in (post) conflict environment.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in working with local NGOs or INGO in similar position, preferably in MHPSS projects and community intervention.
- Minimum 1-2 years in PSS programming in (post) conflict areas.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- Previous experience providing trainings or facilitating staff capacity building activities.
- Previous working in complex emergency context will be an asset.
- Ability to cope with difficult security context.
- Ability to communicate sensitively and assertively with MdM target groups.
- Ability to draft standard and clear written communication, such as letters and reports.
- Excellence in organizing, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Coordination ability to perform his/her duties as part of a team.
- Ability to identify strengths/weaknesses, proposing solutions for the improvement of the services provided.
- Ability to provide trainings. Familiarity with creative methodologies will be considered.
- Culturally sensitive, respectful attitude and collaborative approach to diversity
- Emotional management.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (spoken, reading and writing).
- Microsoft Office package (especially Word, Excel and Outlook).
Salary scales of Médicos del Mundo in the oPt will be applicable to this position.
People interested in the position must send their resume or CV, 2 references and a one-page motivation letter in English to
before October 15, 2017 indicating in the subject: Community Worker – Jericho.
MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.