Community Technical/Vocational Training Center Coordinator
International Orthodox Christian Charities (IOCC) is an international non-governmental development and relief organisation, working worldwide to provide food, shelter, economic self-sufficiency, and hope. All assistance is provided on the basis of need alone. IOCC has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza (JWBG) since 1997 providing assistance to vulnerable Palestinians and communities through various emergency relief and/or development programs.
IOCC is seeking highly skilled staff to be hired immediately for the following position:
Community Technical/Vocational Training Center (CTTC) Coordinator (One position. Duration: 9 months, renewable upon availability of funding).
Summary of the Position:
The CTTC Coordinator of IOCC Gaza Field Office works under the direction of the Project Officer of the CTTC Program, IOCC Gaza Field Office in the operational implementation, supervision, and monitoring of IOCC Community Technical/Vocational Training Centers (CTTCs) in the Gaza Strip. The position includes field operations management, technical expertise in running CTTCs, subordinate staff supervision responsibilities, productive cooperation with local partners, and adherence to IOCC and donor policies and procedures.
IOCC Gaza Field Office - Gaza City, with assignment at any of the three CTTCs of the project located in North Gaza, Khan Younis and Rafah.
- Work closely with the Project Officer, CTTC Program - IOCC Gaza Field Office in the implementation and management of IOCC-CTTC Center – Gaza North, the Gaza Strip.
- In coordination with the Project Officer and other CTTCs Coordinators, implement the given tasks in the Center and the field and in reaching the program objectives.
- Directly responsible for planning, implementation and supervision tasks at CTTC level.
- In coordination with the Project Officer and other CTTCs Coordinators, provide the required technical support to other CTTC Coordinators for the management of the CTTC Center, ensuring that the established CTTC Centers are fully equipped and functional according to the set standards by the program.
- Work closely with IOCC Gaza Monitoring and Evaluation and Database Officer in effectively and accurately maintain and update the IOCC data system, including data quality control and supporting documents for the impact and output indicators as part of the M&E and PMP.
- Supervision of subordinates at the CTTC Centers, and partner CBOs.
- Ensure productive cooperation with local partner CBOs and beneficiaries to ensure proper implementation of the program and adherence to IOCC and donor policies and regulations.
- Provide knowledge and technical support in CTTC to IOCC project staff, partners and beneficiaries.
- Provide support to strengthen and maintain systems and procedures.
- Support planning and project design processes at CTTC level, as well as, at the program level.
- Ensure proper, transparent and efficient beneficiary selection, follow-up on student enrolment, instructors’ performance and deliverables.
Knowledge and Skills:
Proven knowledge and abilities in project management and coordination, and in implementation of projects related to TVET and/or youth employment and training programs; ability to work and to communicate effectively with partners and beneficiaries to ensure compliance with IOCC policies and procedures; strong organizational skills; good planning and time-management skills; inter-personal communication skills; full computer literacy; advanced verbal and written communications skills – fluency in English and Arabic; valid driving license.
Ability to build strong personal and organizational relationships with all internal and external staff, students and teachers, partner organizations and other contacts; ability to work and to communicate effectively with partners and beneficiaries to ensure compliance with IOCC policies and procedures; ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines; tenacity in observing procedures, regulations, local laws and other requirements in implementing and maintaining IOCC programs; detail-oriented; good analytical and problem-solving abilities, and demonstrable initiative and creativity; ability to manage a varied workload, perform to tight deadlines.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
University Degree in relevant field of study.
A minimum of five- year experience working in similar projects, of which at least two years with technical/vocational training management experience is preferred, working with international/local development and relief organizations.
Interested candidates should send their C.V. together with a cover letter stating their relevant experience to the following e-mail:
The closing date for applications is COB Monday 13 May 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.